Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Reel 2 Tilt Problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel 2 Tilt Problem  (Read 33786 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »

Nope, you should be able to disconnect the netplex plug and then force a netplex configure from programming menu. Won't matter if it's still getting power to the printer or not as long as the netplex is unplugged. Eliminating the printer from the program and disabling it will help prove out where the problem is
John0813
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »

When you say netplex plug...are you talking about J14 on the motherboard??....or the plugs behing the printer??
and when you say eliiminate the printer from the program...are you saying disable it in the menu?..I thought I needed
a key chip to reconfigure it?? Also, when I use the I/O Test..  Auto=Config..it reads Printer 2 Not Responding....Is
there a printer 1?? ...?? Also, how do I change the setting if there is one?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:40:41 PM by John0813 » Logged
John0813

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »

Can someone please explain the answer to my previous posting????

thanks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2012, 01:26:37 AM »

Can someone please explain the answer to my previous posting????
thanks

We are sorry that your previous post was overlooked as you can see that NLG is being swamped with threads and postings!!!
I will try to help you as best I can...>>>

1st of all, let's understand that the IGT S2000 Netplex system of Molex plugs are basically 2-rows of 5-pins.
So, you need to find and trace the 10-pin harness from the printer to the MPU.
Apparently you have "power" but there seems to be a lack of communication of logic signals from the printer to the MPU.
This is a pretty common problem as I'm seeing quite a few posts and threads elsewhere on NLG about this.
You need to establish the printer's logic signals now.
Try undoing and re-seating the plug behind the printer that connects to the harness that runs out to the motherboard.
Then trace the harness to the motherboard and do the same.
You do not need a Keychip to establish communications or to get into the settings - the option of Auto-Configuring your printer is available through the Operator Menu.

Basically, the S2000 "finds" any Netplexed logic signal and identifies it as to what peripheral it is....whether it's a printer, a bill acceptor, or a bonus wheel or even a possible progressive display unit.
You can "ask" your machine to look for a Netplexed peripheral such as your printer by going into the menus and "forcing" your machines to do another search for a plugged-in printer.
And yes...I don't know why but an S2000 is very welll capable of establishing Netplex communications with an additional printer!!!
I tried this once as I have a spare printer and lo and behold...BOTH printers worked when I plugged them into my machine!!!
Why anyone would have that capalbility for a slot machine is beyond me and I dare anyone with the correct answer as to why IGT would enable this! LOL

Open the door, press the white Test button once ( where ever yours is..) and you will enter the menus.
Click on the two attachments below to enlarge and go from there as to making your machine perform a Netplex "search"... Go to the Output Tests on 4.3 to Auto-Configure You printer...which is a Netplex device actually...>>>

* menu access.png (65.55 KB, 864x437 - viewed 220 times.)

* Auto-Configure Netplex devices.png (12.8 KB, 842x82 - viewed 200 times.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:35:59 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
John0813

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »

Thanks again for your assistance.......I finally got another S2000 Ticket Printer with Daughter board and installed it yesterday...I then followed your recommendations and everything seems to be working correctly.......I started this Posting on May 26th......it has been a long trip and a lot of replacement parts....and thanks to everyone for staying with me and helping me in the problem-solving process....

Again thank you to everyone who helped.......

JOHN 0813
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »

That's great news John!  Dancing Party
Glad you got it up and running!  yes
anaradu
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »

Hello to all,I have same problem but with reel1, anyway i could get the mpu repaired? i will try first to check the green battery first. Thank you
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

Have you tried the normal things like swapping reels to different positions to see if the problem follows the reel or stays with the reel one position?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »

Also be sure the reels are not rubbing against any thing on the door (glass, bezels, etc.)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
playwitslotmachines

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2013, 04:35:10 AM »

Also be sure the reels are not rubbing against any thing on the door (glass, bezels, etc.)

never had that happen before. The most common thing to have a reel tilt is when you have a closure MB error message. I think it's the green 3.6v battery or something

good luck!

Everyone's a winner!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.