Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Vision Modifications
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vision Modifications  (Read 6083 times)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »

I wanted to do some mods to my vision machine .....I have a MML2 and DSV42 I installed and the only options under multimedia are stereo or mono? I have read alot of post on this but came out scratching my head every time  Scratch Head....I have 248 chips in it with a 504 Rev B board and have MS little green men in it ,I have other subjects to ask questions on but I will start with this first...
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Eric
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »

WOW
I was just about to post this same question, I am working through a sound problem on my vision (see my help with vision sound post), and one of the things I did was install the mml2 board and dsv00042, and I only get the two options under multimedia. I will be watching to see if anyone can  jump in and direct us to "how to get the sound menu up". I get a variety of sounds in the test mode.

Good Luck
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Thank god Im not the only one trying to trick out the vision ...so to speak......I know there are some "Vision Masters" here that can leed us in the right direction ............
Good luck to you 
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »

I don't believe this problem is isolated to just the Vision platform/set-up. We encountered it just recently on a S2000....I'm wanting to say it was the Version chip, but I would have to ask Darrell.

Roslyn

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »

This was an issue with the expanded paytable on many of the 180 and 360 coin S2000 machines.
It was discussed here and someone suggested that a change from DSPL0002 to DSPL0006 would solve the problem.
I never did read a posted reply if that does indeed fix the issue. Might be the same problem with the Vision Platform

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Well, I will see what fixed the S2000 as well then. Then we will have documented fixes!!  yes

Roslyn

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »

I have read some posts and some members talked about using SG363's ???? Would it have something to do with chips ?? The other wierd thing is when i go into the menu ....IO tests ......sound....Multimedia ...hit enter and it gives me the Multimedia board Sound File Test Screen...I can scroll through 215 Sound tests...much like scrolling through various ring tones on your cell phone ....and some of the sounds are enhanced ....which tells me that the machine knows that the MML2 and DSV is installed ...but why wouldnt it play enhanced sounds when the game is being played ????????? Scratch Head Scratch Head
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »

My machine has the sound through the top box computer ...i have no amp board ,would this be the reason why I cant get any enhanced sounds ?????????
Eric
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

Bump
where did all the vision people go ?????? Scratch Head 2
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »

My  understanding of the vision is that the top box computer plays most of the sounds
some one posted they installed Multi Media Lite 2 board and/or the sound simm into the vision computer and was able to add some enhanced sounds
to add enhanced sounds normally you install a MML2 Board and simm on the MPU when you have a S2000 you can add it to a vision mpu as well
this is where some experimenting is needed on your part. I would but I do not have a vision setup or theme to setup in my s2000.

the sound in a vision comes from the mpu up the top box (this is the same for all S2000/visions)
in a vision the sound from the mpu is connected to an input on the vision computer and the speakers are connected to the output from the vision computer

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »

Maybe I need to get an amp board and try to bypass the computer sounds if possible .....If I remember right is was Bunker who installed the MML2 board in the topbox LCD...I need to go back an do some reading........I know its possible I've seen videos of visions with enhanced sounds
Thanks Foster
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »

Hi
I'll jump back in here, I too installed my MML2 board and DSV0042 on the top box computer with no luck, I didn't get it to produce any sounds and going back to Bunkers post he mentioned something about a jumper, I would't know a thing about how. Someone mentioned changing the DSPL0002 to a DSPL0006. I'm game I have replaced just about everythig else, Anyone got one for sale send me a PM. I'll post back with the results.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 01:11:59 AM »

I am no expert on the top box computer, but I do know that the dsv has to be compatible with your sg chips, and I don't think you can change those on a vision. There is an older dsv26 that may work.     
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »

OK, I'm just curious here but how does one install and MMII board with sound simm in the top box computer?
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 02:01:22 AM »

Here is a link.....Bunker has done this ......look at reply #6....There is another thread on this that Bunker posted...but I cant seem to find it right now.....

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10167.0
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

He also points out that the MMII isn't needed since the sound files are located in the PCMCIA card.  The sounds in that video were not the sounds from the DVS 02 simm which is Titanic.  The are a few very early Vision games that actually use a DSV26 simm.  I think Munch used it for PIinball.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

This was an issue with the expanded paytable on many of the 180 and 360 coin S2000 machines.
It was discussed here and someone suggested that a change from DSPL0002 to DSPL0006 would solve the problem.
I never did read a posted reply if that does indeed fix the issue. Might be the same problem with the Vision Platform
Just to put this rumor to rest.
I tested a  DSPL006 chip will not unlock the enhanced sounds that are absent on the expanded paytable for the 180 and 360 credit SB files.

Thanks Rosylin.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.