Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:20:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  closure restart error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: closure restart error  (Read 7010 times)
ndane10560
« on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »

just got a single game IGT video poker machine and i am getting a closure restart message.  how do i fix this error?  thanks!
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 04:33:06 PM »

Hi there!  NLG Welcome

Have you tried inserting a coin/bill and playing the game? If I'm not mistaken, "Closure" is simply an alert that is displayed informing that the door WAS open, and is now closed. Same with "Restart".

Will it play?

P.S. next time, post this is the IGT Video Forum for better visibility by other members. No biggie though, a moderator will move it if they see fit.  yes

ndane10560
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »

thanks for the quick response.  it does not play or accept quarters.
ndane10560
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »

picked up an IGT single game poker machine and it stopped taking quarters and has a closure restart message on the lower left corner.  any ideas how to fix this?  thanks!
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

Hi ndane!

NLG Welcome

Good news ... the CLOSURE and RESTART messages are perfectly normal. yes  They will display every time you turn on a machine.  They indicate that you 1) started up the machine (RESTART) and then 2) closed the door after turning it on (CLOSURE).

The real issue here is the fact that the machine won't take coins.  Since you just got this machine, I'll assume it's never taken coins for you before (please let us know if I assumed wrong).  The first thing to check is that there's a coin in the comparitor.  After opening the door, inspect the coin comparitor (probably says, "COIN MECH" on it) and you should be able to see a coin in there.  There are several threads on this site that describe how to properly insert the coin into the comparitor.  If you do find a coin there, please let us know and we can help you with the next step.

Please Post Pictures  Pictures always help!

:Dave wave

ndane10560
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »

There is a coin in the comparitor.  The machine was working just fine, and then started to reject the coins.  We opened it up, took the coin out of the comparitor and put a new one in.  Then shut the door, and the closure restart message came on.  There is a small button on the inside of the machine that brings up all the settings and I pushed that.  The first screen lists all of the buttons and there is a line that says door open and it has a (1) next to it when the door is open, but when I shut the door it flickers between (1) and (0).  I don't think the door is closing correctly.  I will send pictures tonight when I get off work.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

Good - sounds like you're successfully using the INPUT/OUTPUT screens well for testing.

CLOSURE  means the door is/was closed.  If there was an issue with the door optics, then you would see DOOR OPEN.  The fact that the 0/1 is flickering may be okay.  When you open the door, do you see the message, DOOR OPEN?

Curious, was the machine in play?  In other words, is the game waiting for you to hold cards and deal again?  Sometimes a machine will get turned off while in the middle of the hand.  This will cause coins to go straight through as well.

I'd also check the comparitor from the INPUT screen.  When you test that CC, the light on the comparitor should come on.  You should also be able to make the diverter click using the INPUT/OUTPUT test screens.  If you get responses from the CC, then try turning the dial on the CC to make it less sensitive to differences in coins.

These are just some of the common troubleshooting tips.  Hope they help.

:Dave
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »

There is a coin in the comparitor.  The machine was working just fine, and then started to reject the coins.  We opened it up, took the coin out of the comparitor and put a new one in.  Then shut the door, and the closure restart message came on.  There is a small button on the inside of the machine that brings up all the settings and I pushed that.  The first screen lists all of the buttons and there is a line that says door open and it has a (1) next to it when the door is open, but when I shut the door it flickers between (1) and (0).  I don't think the door is closing correctly.  I will send pictures tonight when I get off work.

What you described is normal and shows that you door optics are working properly.
Now with pictures we might be able to see if something is not connected properly.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
ndane10560
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »

thanks!  i will send pictures later tonight.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:49 AM »

Everything sounds normal. Adjust the sensitivity of the coin comparator to make it less likely to reject coins. See this post for details on how to do that: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10759.msg93615#msg93615

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ndane10560
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

Thanks for all your help.  I did adjust the CC and it works now!
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

Cool! applause  It's great when it turns out to be something easy.  Glad to hear you got it working again.  :Dave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.