Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Test button???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test button???  (Read 71360 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »

I edited my post...I meant to say quick-blow fuses.
Too many people throw in slow-blow fuses - which are the wrong kind.

Make sure they're the right amps.
I'm trying to rule out a few things.

I noticed you said you got a "ding" sound when you shoved the hopper in.
That proves that your speaker is functioning at least.

Can you try something for me?
With the door open and machine powered on and no hopper installed, see if the reel baskets are in their "stiff" fixed position.
Now wiggle the motherboard power harness close the motherboard while watching the reels.
Do they "jiggled" as you slide that power Molex on the motherboard pins?
If so, then I think your motherboard power harness has oxidized receptor pins.
The receptor pins are shot and do not grasp the male motherboard pins well enough to allow the circuitry to have sufficient ground.
Pull off the Molex from the motherboard and flip it around and inspect with good lighting...
You will see one of the green ground receptor pins making the Molex housing browned out from the "arcing" that was taking place inside of the housing  casing.
You either need a new harness or need to solder the motherboard power harness onto the motherboard male pins like in Buzz's motherboard picture.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:35:29 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »

Well now we know the speaker is good and we know your not in a 61 error because your now in a hopper error (3100)  To clear a 3100 just open and close the main door, make sure the latch goes all the way down.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2013, 12:37:38 AM »

Ok I pressed together every connection shoved hopper in and got a ding (or dong) with door open I have in the winner paid window a alternating 3100 and 1... In coin played a zero at the same time as the 1 in winner paid .... The reels did not spin
Shut door nothing. Turned off number changed to 61 wheels still not spinning

I can get the wheels to spin every once in a while. But not every time. 3100 went away now all kinds of numbers are showing up. I'm waiting on an answer from a poster with a board. Should have by Thursday.

I still appreciate all the help
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2013, 12:40:35 AM »

Well now we know the speaker is good and we know your not in a 61 error because your now in a hopper error (3100)  To clear a 3100 just open and close the main door, make sure the latch goes all the way down.

I agree with you Buzz...
I also think his motherboard power harness is getting bad too...making his machine acting flakey.
I hope his cabinet receptor optic okay.
If it's not burned out, then maybe it's the emitter optic on the door not putting out the pulse to the receptor.
That would make it difficult to get him past the [61-1] code.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:32 AM »

Wheels are in a stiff position.  What is the molex? Wheels do not move when I jiggle anything near the motherboard.....EDIT here... I unplugged a harness the longest one on the mother board and the left most wheel jumped a fraction...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:52:06 AM by riothecat » Logged
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »

When I touch the wheels I feel slight vibration
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »

OK Mark if he was in a 61 error would or can he get a 3100 untill the 61 is cleared ??  I don't think the machine would do anything until the 61 was cleared. ( He got a dong when installed the hopper with the 61 showing ) That said what if he doesn't hare a 61 error, the machine last paid out 61 coins. I'm grabbing every straw I can. I want to hear this damn thing is working.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2013, 01:04:18 AM »

One other thing one of you told me to press the coin optic button, I did and nothing happened. Hope that's not important. I am trying to do all that I'm told to do. If I turn he key and press spin reels button it will occasionally spin the reeks but if I just press the button it comes up with all kinds of numbers. Another thing that has not been addressed is the flashing lights on the candle. Is tis important???
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 02:42:54 AM »

It sounds to me like the Door optics are not lining up correctly.  You will not be able to clear a 61-1 without the door being closed correctly.
Also the bottom candle light will flash twice as fast as the top which would be another indicator that the door optics are not lined up or disconnected.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:47 AM »

Thats the whole point, he can't get to 61-1  He has a 61 press the test button and nothing happens. Now I ask you because I don't remember do the reels get stiff when the machine is in a 61 error ???????

CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 03:16:03 AM »

Buzz, I can't be 100 percent sure, but I would think that the reels would be stiff as long as the MPU is supplying the proper power to them, regardless of the error code.
It also occurs to me that if he cannot get the 61 to change to a 61-1 after holding the reset button, that would seem to indicate that his CMOS RAM is bad (which would make sense if he had the chip in backwards).

After re-reading the post ... with the battery also in backwards, I would think it would be best to just replace the whole MPU board. Who knows what else may have been damaged by the reversed battery?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:22:43 AM by CommTech » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2013, 03:35:08 AM »

Thats the whole point, he can't get to 61-1  He has a 61 press the test button and nothing happens. Now I ask you because I don't remember do the reels get stiff when the machine is in a 61 error ???????
Yes Buzz..as long as mpu is suppling power the reels will be stiff. No matter what the error
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 03:47:49 AM »

Yes I know I just installed a board without a cmos chip and the reels were stiff. Reinstalled the cmos, got a 61 error ( reels still stiff ), installed the hopper did not get a dong and did not get a 3100 error.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 10:27:01 AM »

The battery was never installed wrong, someone may have assume that earlier in posts. The CMOS was in backwards. I should have a new board this week.  The guy I'm buying my board from says the s+ board does not use a CMOS chip. Now i'm really confused!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:34:44 AM by riothecat » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »

The battery was never installed wrong, someone may have assume that earlier in posts. The CMOS was in backwards. I should have a new board this week.  The guy I'm buying my board from says the s+ board does not use a CMOS chip. Now i'm really confused!!!
The mpu has a ram chip, the backplane motherboard has a cmos chip.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »

genebopp  Thanks for the vote of confidence but if I'm a expert the folks posting on the forum for help with a S+ are in trouble. I just made the mistake telling him about the BV door and his machine doesn't have a BV, coin handling only.

riothecat    I'm guessing your stuck in the 61 loop that I've heard about. Read this thread maybe that will help.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17334.0

The cmos they are talking about is right next to the Game chip, just pull it out and short the legs out on a piece of metal.  All the chance in the world your gonna need a clear chip.  On boot up it's normal for the reels to stop    3, 2, 1 in that order.

This post says the cmos is next to the game chip. Now I'm told its on the motherboard. What am I pulling off the Mpu board if not the CMOS?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:26:14 PM by knagl » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »

Well who am I to say one way or the other where the cmos chip is placed. Coors says it's on the back plane, the fellow your buying it from says the board doesn't have a cmos. Guess I'm wrong sorry

Huh  IGT must be wrong too, my S+ board at U56 is marked CMOS   wtf1 is this, IGT marked all their boards wrong. Shame on them !!!!!!!

* PICT0094.JPG (161.75 KB, 640x480 - viewed 280 times.)

Tilt

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »

CMOS RAM IC is on the MPU board, EEPROM is on the motherboard.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »

Exactly, see the covered chip with green tape and with the yellow resister next to it in your picture in Reply #14?
The MPU board is etched next to the socket with the letters...>>> "C...M...O...S"   
Gee! Who are you buying your board from? rotflmao
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »

Buzz, I only posted the reply about CMOS because I know you are right. It just didn't make sense. I am going to have the guy I buying it from send me a pic of the board. Bunker... I just put a wtb on the board and he responded. I am in Virgini land here and am relying on the experts here to guide me and teach me the right way. But I got a reply from coors that the CMOS is not on the Mpu. But I have to decide who is guiding me in the right direction. What should I do about the board I'm getting ready to order? Thank still for all who are helping me.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

Okay....blow this up and see what is written there please.
I highlighted the area for you...>>>

* mpu.jpg (369.72 KB, 960x720 - viewed 334 times.)
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2013, 08:18:17 PM »

Bunker I'm not arguing that it is there.  I see it. I'm am getting cornfused because I believe some on here are leading me down the wrong path. I am going to assume that you, buzz and knagle(?) are the ones with the right IDEa. Do any of you have the board I need?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »

Ask the guy you're buying it from if he's sending you a 10Mhz S+ MPU board.
That's all you both need to know.

Can I ask - why did you remove the CMOS chip in the first place?
Were you trying to corrupt the chip so the machine would try to reset it?
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »

Yes I followed a reply from buzz that said to remove the CMOS and run the legs against metal to corrupt it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:58:02 PM by riothecat » Logged
edski
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »

Top 2 lights flashing but bottom one is about 2 times faster then top one.

What happens to the lights when you close the door??

Spoiled Rotten Birds
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.