Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Test button???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test button???  (Read 71439 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »

Yah, I hear ya, Craig/OldReno....we're kinda reinventing the wheel here....I'm sorry, I know...to someone who is new to slots, it's HARD!!! No denying  that! But we need to FOLLOW instructions...do NOTHING without instruction...and proceed accordingly....

I'm sorry....I'm not in this....so disregard if I am out of line.....

OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2013, 04:17:38 AM »

Well, I didn't have time to read all 7 pages, so I probably stuck my nose in where I shouldn't.  My error.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »

Ok!!! Lots of questions for me to answer. I'll do my best to answer all. Yes the chips are all in with notch...(edited for misspelled word)  facing the same way....when I first turn the machine with door open it shows a 61 in the top window. I shut the door and turn the key and 007 shows in top 2 windows and alternating 0 1 in bottom window. If I happen to turn the key and hold key on and hit spin reels 4 times they spin backwards stopping in the same spot every time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:11:05 PM by riothecat » Logged
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »

Nobody is out of line here as far as I'm concerned. I have however followed everything I have been told to do. I just believe there are so many different things I've been
Told to do that something bad could ( not necessarily did) but could have happened. I do however appreciate all those that have posted to my concern. I'll wait for my clear chip before I post again. By the way does anyone have a link to post as to the proper way to use a clear chip? Thanks again.   
JFWilder

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »

I don't know how it got fixed, but after trying the reset and everything mentioned here, I accidentally got the coin chute jammed and took out the quarter in the comparator, put it back and shut the door.  Then error code 67 showed up...closed the door...powered down/up and then 61 showed up again...did the test button and DING....this time it worked, went to 61-1, turned the reset, closed the door again and it worked.

Now...I think I will have to use a RAM CLEAR chip though, since when I put in coins, that total in keeps increasing, but the paid out never changes any longer...and my machine seems to win at an ever-increasing rate.  Still....in 3 weeks never hit 777 or 3 wilds (though I figured 3 wilds is rare).  Anybody else figure RAM CLEAR will work?  Coins in showing 7000+ and increasing....paid at 1558 and holding tight.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

Now...I think I will have to use a RAM CLEAR chip though, since when I put in coins, that total in keeps increasing, but the paid out never changes any longer...and my machine seems to win at an ever-increasing rate.  Still....in 3 weeks never hit 777 or 3 wilds (though I figured 3 wilds is rare).  Anybody else figure RAM CLEAR will work?  Coins in showing 7000+ and increasing....paid at 1558 and holding tight.

Let me see if I have this correct, you put in a higher paying chip and now you have a chip that pays out to often !!   Scratch Head Scratch Head I see a simple solution and that doesn't involve using a clear chip.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »

Still....in 3 weeks never hit 777 or 3 wilds (though I figured 3 wilds is rare).

I have owned my Tabasco machine for 5 years and have never hit the top award!!

Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »

If I am understanding the reel stops right, doesnt that make the odds about 250,000 to 1 on each pull?  Do people really see big jackpots at home?
CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

Not hitting the larger payout amounts such as 777 and higher is not uncommon.  Using a RAM CLEAR chip is unnecessary and will not change the rate of winning.
The payout percentage is determined by your SS Reel Chip. See ... http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/ to look up which chip you have to see what the percentage is set at.
Also note that the payback percentage listed is averaged over millions of spins. So you may go a very long time without hitting anything substantial, or you could hit a jackpot several times over a short period.
Winning is simply determined by stopping the Random Number Generator (Pressing the spin button)  at the right time.  If the numbers generated matches up with a winning combination, you will win. There are many more no win numbers generated than there are wins.  There are many, many more Low value win combinations than there are higher value win combinations.
JFWilder

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I can't complain on the winning....and the feedback is helpful.  I am reading it right when I turn the reset key there are 2 numbers showing on the winner paid and credits lights and one is paid out and one is coins in?  That's what I've been told.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2013, 10:35:17 PM »

This thread is getting confusing!
Are there two separate members with two different problems posting here now? Last I read a day ago was the 61-1 problem???
I need a drink!  chug drinker champagne love whiskey
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »

riothecat is the origional poster and couldn't clear a 61 code after a battery change. Reads like one or two others with the same problem have jumped in and got theirs fixed since the first chapter of the book though
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

Trent

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2013, 03:11:35 AM »

Rio, what happens when you close the door after a restart but BEFORE you turn the key?  Anything at all?  Did you give it time to restart (just in case that might happen)?

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »

Rio, I found this post and sounds like something that relates and you might try.  Ignore the JFWilder post (the same guy found here in your post talking about his issues).  Talks about a trick with the door sensor to get past 61 to 61-1.....worst thing could be that it does not work for you, but it is certainly interesting.  Give it a try and let us know.  Keep your hands off the reset key unless you get a 61-1 and shut the door.  At that point a turn of the key would be appropriate. 

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10946.0

BE ADVISED THAT IN THE POST WHERE HE TALKS ABOUT THE RESET BUTTON I AM 100% SURE HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE TEST BUTTON.

Here is a copy of the most important post:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
I had this dreaded problem this week with my S+.   Here is what I had to do.
1. Open the door and disconnect the door optic not on the door but the case.  red and white wire
2. turn on the slot until the 61 appears.
3. Now press the reset button until the 61-1 is displayed
4. reconnect the optic
5. close the door and turn the key now

After I got the slot working the reset button now works correctly.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »

When I first turn the machine on I get a 61 error in the top window. I shut the door and still a 61 error.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:36 AM »

Rio, I found this post and sounds like something that relates and you might try.  Ignore the JFWilder post (the same guy found here in your post talking about his issues).  Talks about a trick with the door sensor to get past 61 to 61-1.....worst thing could be that it does not work for you, but it is certainly interesting.  Give it a try and let us know.  Keep your hands off the reset key unless you get a 61-1 and shut the door.  At that point a turn of the key would be appropriate. 

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10946.0

BE ADVISED THAT IN THE POST WHERE HE TALKS ABOUT THE RESET BUTTON I AM 100% SURE HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE TEST BUTTON.

Here is a copy of the most important post:
I had this dreaded problem this week with my S+.   Here is what I had to do.
1. Open the door and disconnect the door optic not on the door but the case.  red and white wire
2. turn on the slot until the 61 appears.
3. Now press the reset button until the 61-1 is displayed
4. reconnect the optic
5. close the door and turn the key now

After I got the slot working the reset button now works correctly.

Ok I did the this that were said to do as follows I disconnected the machine optic. I turned it on. I waited for the 61 it showed up. I pressed the reset button and the 61 went out , a zero flashed in the coins played window and the 61 popEd back up in the winner paid window. Reconnected shut the door and still a 61 error. I held th test button for about 2 minutes and nothing. Was told way back in time in this thread that I should not have to hold it that long. So that is where I am now.
JFWilder

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

Are there two separate members with two different problems posting here now? Last I read a day ago was the 61-1 problem???
I need a drink!  chug drinker champagne love whiskey
[/quot
I need a drink!  chug drinker champagne love whiskey

There were....but my 61 error (the same) didn't clear by following what was recommended...but something else fixed it. 
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »

When you say you hit the reset button do you mean the test button?  The test button is the one down by the board.  The jackpot reset is the key.  The test button is the one you hold, but it only takes a few seconds.  Any longer will not do you any good.  You should not be holding the reset key.

Hopefully your clear chip will arrive soon and resolve this mystery.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »

Yes I meant the test button. I've followed the list of 5 things in the reply above. Still nothing...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:38:37 AM by riothecat » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »

without knowing what SP chip you have, its possible to never get the "ding" or a 61_1  after pressing the  test button.    you were probably getting into the book keeping mode when you closed the door and turned the reset key more than one time.  you will get all types of goofy numbers.

your best bet at this time is to get your clear chip  and clear the machine.  you have absolutely nothing to lose trying this .  with no bill acceptor you don't have to do anything but clear a 61 code after clearing the machine.

you insert the clear chip in the socket where the SP chip is (27C512), make sure the indent on the chip is facing the same direction as the others. when you power up the machine you should hear a ding, then press the test button and watch the numbers count up , it will do it twice. when it is finished, power down, replace the clear chip with the SP chip, pay attention to the indent on the chip, power up ,  61 should be on display, press test button,  display should do one of two things, display a 61_1  or go blank,  if it goes to 61_1, close main door, latch all the way down, turn reset key one time.  display should go blank, in a few seconds the reels should spin and now you are ready to see if the machine will work.
If the reels spin, make sure you have a coin in the cc-16, then try to insert a coin and see if it will play.  If it doesn't  DON'T PANIC, don't start turning the reset key,

lets see what happens before we try anything else.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2013, 03:41:03 AM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap   JIM!

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:17 AM »

Thank you Jim. I'll get back with you after I get my clear chip.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »

Ok have clear chip. As I understand it needs to go in to the game prom slot?
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »

I CUT AND PASTED THIS.  I HAVE NEVER DONE IT.

S-Plus Ram Clear Procedure
 Power down machine
 Remove MPU board
 Locate and remove SP Game chip
 Install Ram Clear chip into the same socket paying attention to the chip direction notch
 Re-install MPU board
 Power up machine
 Press white test button two times
 Observe Credit meter, it will count up two times.
 When counting is finished , power down machine
 Remove MPU board
 Replace Ram Clear chip with SP chip.
 Re-install MPU Board
 Power up machine.
 If equipped with bill validater, proceed to Set Chip instructions
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »

Ok... 1st with machine off I pulled the hopper then pulled Mpu.
2nd pulled game chip put in clear chip
3rd put Mpu back in
4th pressed button 2 times no ding no numbers no count up or down. Nothing to this point.
Also I DID NOT touch the reset key.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.