Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Theory of Sound SIMMs, SB chips, and Sound Variations
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Theory of Sound SIMMs, SB chips, and Sound Variations  (Read 29079 times)
Britanski
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 05:22:31 AM »

As far as the R boards go, I don't have any experience with those.  All of my testing is on a Rev 504B board.  I would also assume that the 5 reel games may have limitations, but again, until somebody gives this a try, we'll never know. 

Thanks Jason.  I'm doing this now... currently picking the most likely SB chips that "might" work.  (There aren't many). 
I'll post results in a separate thread of it's own about "R" board sounds.  Maybe I'll just get errors.. . IDK! 
But the chips are inexpensive so let's see what happens...

What I have now is the same as this sound scheme:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBW1eL5cDyo&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/uBW1eL5cDyo&rel=0</a>
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:14 AM »

Just a theory, but let's say that there are four different reel spin sounds on the 42 SIMM in its "preferred" mode (it's three or four, and I don't want to go down to the basement to figure out which is correct).  Let's say that they're in file positions 11, 12, 13, and 14 on the SIMM.  It then stands to reason that when you fool the machine into using a different SIMM that it's going to call for and play whatever files are in positions 11, 12, 13, and 14 on the SIMM.  If one could read the SIMMs, tinker with the data, and then re-write to them, it might even be possible to put whatever custom reel spin sounds you wanted into your machine, provided that they're the same file size and type (I believe they're .wav sounds, but don't quote me on that) and in the same place in the SIMM memory as the existing four reel sounds.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 06:36:39 AM »

Just a theory, but let's say that there are four different reel spin sounds on the 42 SIMM in its "preferred" mode (it's three or four, and I don't want to go down to the basement to figure out which is correct).  Let's say that they're in file positions 11, 12, 13, and 14 on the SIMM.  It then stands to reason that when you fool the machine into using a different SIMM that it's going to call for and play whatever files are in positions 11, 12, 13, and 14 on the SIMM.  If one could read the SIMMs, tinker with the data, and then re-write to them, it might even be possible to put whatever custom reel spin sounds you wanted into your machine, provided that they're the same file size and type (I believe they're .wav sounds, but don't quote me on that) and in the same place in the SIMM memory as the existing four reel sounds.

Kevin  Most of this is way over my head, but you can read and rewrite a simm using HxD, I should say I use HxD I'm sure there are plenty of other programs that will work just as well. If you want I can send you a couple to look at.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
playwitslotmachines
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »

I had a 5 double dollars machine until I changed it over to Triple Stars. The game had a DSV00082 for the DD game and what I had is the legacy sounds with the free spin bonus game. Though the machine didn't allow to select from 'preferred' to 'legacy' in the operator menu. When I swapped the SG chips, the SB chip but didnt swap the version chip, with the 42 SIMM in there it was set to preffered spin music, still didnt allow to switch from preferred to legacy. What if I threw in a Cleopatra game with it's SIMM will it be set to it's preferred instead of legacy music? Just curious.

Everyone's a winner!
Britanski

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 03:42:03 AM »

Okay, now you're talking my language.  I'm a sound designer/producer for a living. I've worked with gaming and animation for many years. I understand the sound file labels, numbers, loop properties and sample rates.
It's exactly as you thought... if you want a different "Spin sound" for example, you need only to find a way to get into the file system and rename the sound file.  "Roll up" same thing, etc...

The question is:  Is this possible?  Can I read an SB chip and manipulate the sound file data.  If so, I'd like to know what equipment I need to do this, and then I will do it.  The custom applications would be vast.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »

As far as the R boards go, I don't have any experience with those.  All of my testing is on a Rev 504B board.  I would also assume that the 5 reel games may have limitations, but again, until somebody gives this a try, we'll never know. 

Jason

My understanding with the 5 reel games is this.
Most 45 and 90 credit SB chips will allow for enhanced sounds to be played.
However very few of the 180 and 360 credit SB chips work with enhanced sound.
It was though that if another version chip was used it would unlock these sounds. No it does not.
As discussed here before, it was determined that the triggers for the enhanced sounds were removed from the program to make room on the chip for the expanded paytable of the 180 and 360 credit chips.
This is where the R board was to take over as it provided more room for data and could handle the larger paytables for the 20 line 200 credit themes and up.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
playwitslotmachines

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLFp2beWky0&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NLFp2beWky0&rel=0</a>
DSV00013

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GM4KsDuI9h8&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GM4KsDuI9h8&rel=0</a>
DSV00042

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_j2gsC_MRU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/n_j2gsC_MRU&rel=0</a>
DSV00042

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvIH6UAwh8c&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bvIH6UAwh8c&rel=0</a>
DSV00082

Everyone's a winner!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »

Kevin  Most of this is way over my head, but you can read and rewrite a simm using HxD, I should say I use HxD I'm sure there are plenty of other programs that will work just as well. If you want I can send you a couple to look at.

I appreciate the offer, Buzz, but I wouldn't be able to do much.  I can wrap my head around the theory of it, but I wouldn't know squat about manipulating the 1s and 0s to actually make it do something different.   no

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Britanski

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 02:55:29 AM »

Thanks Jason.  I'm doing this now... currently picking the most likely SB chips that "might" work.  (There aren't many). 
I'll post results in a separate thread of it's own about "R" board sounds.  Maybe I'll just get errors.. . IDK! 
But the chips are inexpensive so let's see what happens...

Okay, just following up on this... I bought a new SB chip to see what changed, if anything.
Replaced the SB001000 with an SB100189 and there was no difference at all.  No errors, no problems, no difference.  As if I didn't even change it.  Still have the same sounds under the I/O sound test.
So the R board must have the sound library embedded into the board that is not changeable. ...clearly, it has no sound card or sound card attachment. 
So I'll need to use the Enhanced Memory 1 board. But I think the chips needed for this game are slim or non-existent.   I may try or just keep it for another machine.    yummy
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »

I was messing around with simm cards and made a ltittle discovery. On my double red white and blue 5 line sb 100070 with 363 chips I can get pritty much any 8 or 16 meg dsv to work 24,26,23,42,101 all worked fine. Pritty much the same with my triple cash another low sb number with 363's'. Then I tryed it on a 5 star a higher sb number sb 1002xx and I could only get 16 meg dsv's to work. So I switched out the 363 with sg001000 and now the 8 meg dsv's would work but not the 16meg  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:37:16 AM by brianfink » Logged
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 17

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »

Hello,

Thank you Jason for your information !

Can it work with a DSV00058 and SB100715 coming from a Super Spin Sizzling Seven  Scratch Head

I have also a SB101122. However, I don't know what kind of GME I have.

I know that the DSV00058 is specific, because of its bonus reel; it sounds like the DSV00082

Nurbo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:11:13 PM by Nurbo » Logged

IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7
BALLY 809 Multiplier
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »

Not sure.  The 3 reel + bonus reel games are VERY sound SIMM specific.  I put a 42 in a Big Times Pay, and while it accepted it, the output was a garbled mess.  No harm, just poorly mapped sound that didn't align with the game.  For those games, use the SIMM designed for the game.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:14 AM »

So did anybody try the 42 trick with a Titanic, Phantom of the Opera, or Chainsaws & Toasters SIMM?   If anybody would like me to test it, send me the SIMMs and I would gladly dedicate some time and shoot some video footage.  Smiley

I'd ship the SIMMs back once complete. 

Jason

Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 02:22:43 AM »

So did anybody try the 42 trick with a Titanic, Phantom of the Opera, or Chainsaws & Toasters SIMM?   If anybody would like me to test it, send me the SIMMs and I would gladly dedicate some time and shoot some video footage.  Smiley

I'd ship the SIMMs back once complete. 

Jason
Yes, thanks to this post... The 42 opens all the sounds on the Titanic Simm.

Harvs
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »

Cool!  Statfreak also confirmed Cigar a while back too.  Every video that I've seen of Phantom and Chainsaw play the same spin sound over and over.  Would drive me nuts.  Curious if there are other spin sounds lurking in those themes.

Jason

Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »

Cool!  Statfreak also confirmed Cigar a while back too.  Every video that I've seen of Phantom and Chainsaw play the same spin sound over and over.  Would drive me nuts.  Curious if there are other spin sounds lurking in those themes.

Jason
There is more I'm sure, has to be.. - J, try this.., Install your Mummy Simm into a machine and it should open all the sounds.. At one point I didn't have a 42 on hand and ended up using the Mummy Simm, it worked.. Now that's only on about 6 titles I had at the time, but worth another test..

I will test that again tomorrow on the machines I do have, if you don't get to it before me..

Harvs
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 02:58:38 AM »

I tested the Mummy Simm on my Cigar just now.. - I took the Cigar Simm out, and turned the machine on without a Simm at all.., Installed the Mummy Simm, and without having to go into an menu it cycled through all the sounds.. I then installed the Cigar Simm back into the machine and same thing, it cycled through all the sounds without having to go into any menu or use a 42 to open. Give it a shot..

That Mummy Simm is a must have!

Harvs
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »

Personally, I like The Munsters sounds on my Vision.  yes
Feels weird when the Simm is in a Double Diamond Haywire... LoL  arrow
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 03:15:28 PM »

How do you do that?  My DDH 3CM single line will only accept a 42.  I would love to throw a Wild Thing SIMM in there, but it probably wouldn't work.

Jason

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »

I just kidding....first time I saw this thread last year, I sat down one night and
stuck in all of my DSV's into a Munsters theme I had set up.
I got ALL kinds of sounds.
I really wish I would have taken notes for your survey here!! rotflmao

You probably need somebody that has a SIM burner and rip apart a SIM and see what makes it tick.
I wish I knew what 1's and zero's would fit into the DSV sound files to make some really cool sounds!
RB
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 78

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 01:33:36 AM »

Personally, I like The Munsters sounds on my Vision.  yes
Feels weird when the Simm is in a Double Diamond Haywire... LoL  arrow

How do you do that?  My DDH 3CM single line will only accept a 42.  I would love to throw a Wild Thing SIMM in there, but it probably wouldn't work.

Jason

You can use a Wild Thing SIMM if you change the base chip to a SB100110 3CM. Reel strips & payouts are same.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 02:39:36 AM »

How do you do that?  My DDH 3CM single line will only accept a 42.  I would love to throw a Wild Thing SIMM in there, but it probably wouldn't work.

Jason

You can use a Wild Thing SIMM if you change the base chip to a SB100110 3CM. Reel strips & payouts are same.

No kidding?  Hmm...I may just have to do that.  Didn't realize the strip patterns were the same Ron.

Jason

RB
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 78

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »

Wild Thing Cowgirl is an exact clone of DDH. I have both games. The "Frenzy" feature of the WT equates to a Haywire. Same effects, reel dance, etc.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 04:44:23 AM »

I was reading this thread and got a wild hair and burned a DSV00016 and put it in a Double Jackpot Haywire that has a SB001000 Base chip. The only thing I could get out of it was a " Incompatible Sound Simm" error. Put the DSV 42 back in and it works just fine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »

Wild Thing Cowgirl is an exact clone of DDH. I have both games. The "Frenzy" feature of the WT equates to a Haywire. Same effects, reel dance, etc.

Ron, is it a clone for the 2CM version?  3CM appears to be a bit different?  Or is there another version that you are talking about?

Thanks,
Jason

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.