Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Red White and Blue...Newbie owner question
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Red White and Blue...Newbie owner question  (Read 11361 times)
ricjas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 04, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »

I just picked up this and when the door is open coins played displays 0. When I close the door winner paid displays 3 and coins played displays 2. I can't get past this. Can someone help me please?

Jason
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:19:40 AM »

What do you mean by "can't this past this" ?? What else is it doing (or not doing, I guess)?

ricjas

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »

It will not accept bills, add credits, or anything else. Is there an online manual for this machine?

Jason
ricjas

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:51:10 AM »

I found a manual Smiley
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »

Glad tou found it. I checked the Downloads section, and while I didn't see the manual at first glance, you may poke around and see what you can find.

Here's the link to the Download section...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads

Hint: IGT didn't write manuals to be user-friendly for home slot owners. Most of the time the manuals are little to no help at all. Don't mean to sound negative, they just do not answer very many troubleshooting questions.

ricjas

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »

Thank you, I noticed the manual wasn't very friendly.

I guess the winner paid displays 3 and coins played displays 2 is a menu, but I can't get out of the menu and operate the machine. That puts me back to my original question. What do I need to do to get the machine playable?

Jason
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »

You might need a clear and denomination set of chips and clear all data out of the memory and reset it. I am not as good at these as others here but that is where I start with to eliminate that as an issue.

Scratch Head

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
CVslots

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »

What happens when you turn the key on the right side of the machine? If you are in a menu, turning the key would advance you to the next "page" of the menu.

Give it a try, you're not going to mess anything up. You may just be in the menu and need to advance through it. When you get to the end, both displays will go blank for a few seconds, then it should return to the game. Next to the last page will show a bunch of zeros.

ricjas

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

When I go through the menus the displays go blank, and then the displays return to the problem in the original post.

Jason
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 07:38:06 AM »

When you have the door open and then close it, does the display go blank for a few seconds before returning to the display you're experiencing (similar to how it does when you go past the last menu option like you described in your most recent post)?

In other words, is there any indication from the machine that it's seeing the door opening and closing?  A typical S+ machine should have its displays go blank for a second or two after the door is closed.  Right now I'm suspecting that the machine simply isn't seeing the main door as closed, and as such won't allow you to insert coins or bills.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ricjas

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »

Yes, the machine does recognize the door open or closed. When the door is open there is a zero in the coins plated display. When I close the door, the display goes blank for a few seconds and then my problem returns.

I think I read that the zero with the door open is a normal operation.

Jason
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »

Okay, well that's a good sign that your optics are working.  Since we're not there to see what is or isn't happening, you'll need to really spell out what the machine is or isn't doing.

When you close the door, typically the displays will go blank for a second or two, then the reels will start spinning, stopping from right to left (reel 3, 2, then 1), and it's typically ready to go.  Do the reels spin at all when you close the door?  Does the "Insert Coin" light come on?  Are any of the candle lights on or flashing?

The more you can tell us about the issue you're facing, the more we're able to help you.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ricjas

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »

I uploaded two videos to help you see what is going on with my machine.

http://youtu.be/-5TY_-mWwRM   Power on, boot up, and door closing.

http://youtu.be/0vx84igBbEU  What happens as I turn the key.  (Sorry, I'm not a very good videographer)

Jason
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 04:24:23 AM »

Hmm.  Thanks for the videos -- they really do help.

My best guess is that the machine is waiting for a coin to be inserted (and I'm hoping that your "Insert Coins" lamp is burnt out).  The fact that the Cash/Credit button was lit up looks to me like the machine is set up for player-selectable cash/credit mode.  Am I correct that when the button is lit and you press it once, the light turns off, and if you press it again the light comes back on?

If so, I'm thinking that the last spin played was for 2 credits, and then the last person to cash out was paid 3 coins from the hopper, and now the machine is simply waiting for a coin to be inserted.

Let's do this.  Open the door, and press the tiny white test button on the coin-in optics, located directly below the coin comparator.  The button should look like this:

The machine should ding (if the speaker is working/turned up), and the Spin Reels button should light up.  With the door still open, press the Spin Reels button and the machine should play a mock game.  Any credits "won" in this test game will vanish once you close the door.

If all that works, that implies that your machine is working correctly and is simply waiting for a coin to be inserted.

What happens when you drop a coin into the machine when it's sitting at the point of 3 in the player paid and 2 in coins played?  Is the coin rejected to the tray, eaten by the machine but no credit given, or what?

If it's rejected, try re-seating the quarter in the comparator to ensure it's in there correctly, and try adjusting the sensitivity of the coin comparator as spelled out in the following post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10759.msg93615#msg93615

ricjas

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 04:54:29 AM »

Thank you. You are correct. The button adds 2 credits and plays fine with the door open. The slot in the comparator will not let a quarter pass through. With door door open, I can slide a disc to the right and the quarter is rejected. The bill validator will not accept bills and it does not light up.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »

Wait, so coins are physically getting stuck in the comparator until you slide the mechanism off to the side? Sounds like you don't have a sample coin in there, which you have to have. See the video in the following post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=24336.msg190193#msg190193

We can tackle the bill validator next, but let's get the machine running with coins first.

ricjas

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »

OK, that was it. There wasn't a sample coin in it. The bill validator goes through the motion of taking the bill in, but it rejected every bill in a stack of $300 in twenties.
CVslots

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

applause applause applause applause

The bill validator may not have a current update for the colored $20 bills. Try some old money, like $1 bills. If you need to update your bill validator, it's not a major deal. A couple of vendors on here can help you out.  yes yes  If you find that it will only take the older (non-colored) bills, snap a pic of your validator or get the numbers off it (for example, its probably a model DBV-45, DBV-145, DBV-200, or WBA-11) and you'll be set in no time!

You have now been baptized in to the world of home slot machines! Shame on me for not asking if the coin was in the door. That is, without a doubt, the most common thing to check whenever you get a new machine. For some reason, sellers just cannot part with that coin, and remove it 9 times out of 10.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »

As Roz said, just use some $1 bills in good condition for testing the validator, and we'll go from there. Are the lights in the bezel lighting up prior to the machine attempting to read the bill? If not, you may just need some bulbs there, too (in addition to your Insert Coin lamp) since you stated that the machine does attempt to validate inserted bills (which indicates that the validator is enabled and is, at times, ready to accept bills).

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

For some reason, sellers just cannot part with that coin, and remove it 9 times out of 10.

rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

So true. I have never understood why.
Yet you open up the power supply and can find 7 to 10 quarters stuffed inside.  Scratch Head

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CVslots

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »

For some reason, sellers just cannot part with that coin, and remove it 9 times out of 10.

Im tempted to put it on our business cards....or get some T-shirts printed for customers! I guess a simple printed sticker on the coin comparitor would do it as well though. A lot cheaper than shirts!  rotflmao

Stickers are actually not a bad idea.... Scratch Head Scratch Head  But that would kill our house call business!  bust gut laughing

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »

A friend of mine who runs a shop puts a round sticker over the "Slide to Replace Coin" sticker that says, "DO NOT REMOVE COIN".

CVslots

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 02:22:45 AM »

A friend of mine who runs a shop puts a round sticker over the "Slide to Replace Coin" sticker that says, "DO NOT REMOVE COIN".

Priceless... yes yes yes   because you know that almost every seller will take that coin when he sells the machine!

ricjas

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:43 AM »

So life got in the way of my project.Thank you to everyone so far.  It does only takes $1 bills.

ricjas

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 12:56:32 AM »

Here is my validator

* IMG_20130624_214838_439.jpg (982.25 KB, 1840x3264 - viewed 276 times.)

* IMG_20130624_214731_451.jpg (764.27 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 277 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.