Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  UPDATE 9/24: Help...Still have color issue after new LCD!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPDATE 9/24: Help...Still have color issue after new LCD!  (Read 41405 times)
inkyspal
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 15, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

I just purchased my first video slot machine from a seller on eBay over the weekend (MONSTER MANSION by IGT).  It finally arrived today.  I was so excited and could hardly wait to get it out of the crate.  When I turned it on, the screen showed "CALL ATTENDANT".  I opened the door, turned the key on the side and went through all of the prompts that it told me to.  I finally ended up with a repeating error that wouldn't clear:  EEPROM CRC FAILURE.  I've tried everything.  I live in Georgia and am not aware of any repair people in this area.   
The seller swears it was working fine when it left his house.  What does this error sound like?  Something that could've happened during shipment?  I've been Googling and read about the Clear chip that could possibly be used to clear everything.  I don't have one of those.  Can someone help me?
Is there something else I can try?

Thanks very much!

Here is a photo of the board:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:39:00 PM by inkyspal » Logged
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »

When you turned the key, did you get a prompt to hold down the test button on the MPU for 2-3 seconds?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
inkyspal

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

Yes, and I did that.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »

With the machine off, check the eproms and SIMMs and make sure they are all seated correctly. Also check your plugs and other connections. These things sometimes come loose during transit. Hope thats all it is.

Dan (tacman)

Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »

If it said EEPROM and not EPROM, check the 8 pin EEPROM on the backplane (board the MPU tray plugs into).  It may have came loose in shipping.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Could it be his CMOS battery is low? I find it hard to believe a chip could work it's way out of a socket during shipping
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »

A board...possible, but a chip no way.  Unless the truck was driven off of a cliff.

Jason

inkyspal

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »

OK....a little progress....I found a card on the board that wasn't seated all the way.  I pushed it in completely and now I no longer get the RAM and EEPROM errors.  However, I have yet another problem...
I cannot get the touch screen to calibrate correctly.
I can get to the screen where it says to touch the white dot until you hear a beep.  I touch the dot, but never hear a beep.  Finally, it will go to the next screen, which is the calibration test screen.  When I touch the screen and move my finger around, the green lines that it draws are about 3 inches northeast of where I'm actually touching.
Any idea what could be causing this?...and how to correct it?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:32:44 PM by inkyspal » Logged
Tech73

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »

Does your screen have a gouge / scratch in it? If not then power the machine off and reseat the monitor. Clean it and recalibrate it to see if it acts any better.

If the screen has a scratch in it then it's throwing it off.
inkyspal

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »

This machine arrived at about 11:00 this morning.  I have spent every minute on it today...just trying to get it to work.  Didn't even eat lunch!  I am slowly making progress.  I found one of the small wires that goes around the touch screen, underneath the tape, was broken.  Soldered it back together.  That fixed the touch screen issue.  I was able to calibrate it correctly.   NOW, I'm getting this screen when the machine comes on.  It wants the Accounting Denomination set.  I've gone into the Accounting menu and tried everything.  Anyone familiar with this?   I feel like I've come so far today with this machine....surely this will be an easy fix. 

Tech73

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »

Looks like you need to press the test switch on the CPU and set the options. You'll need someone with better experience doing this.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »

Uh oh.  You're colors look screwed up too.  Take a look at this thread to get a look at mine that I recently set up.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=25067.0

You might want to make sure that your monitor is connected properly.  Perhaps your colors are just out of adjustment on the monitor itself.  The touchscreen controller board is also mounted on the monitor.  You might want to take the monitor out of the machine and take a picture of it if the situation does not improve.  Hopefully the monitor wasn't damaged during shipping.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »

Just saw your message about the touch screen...disregard my comments about it above.  

Setting denomination will require a keychip.  I use a 40 Keychip on mine to accomplish this.

Jason

inkyspal

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »

Where do I get a 40 Keychip ASAP?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

Contact any of the vendors on the site.  I'd check with Buzz or blueridgeslots (Jim).

Jason

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »

Looks like you need to press the test switch on the CPU and set the options. You'll need someone with better experience doing this.

I would say there is a 99% chance your going to need a clear/key chip. But try this, press the test button on the MPU, touch Set up, touch Machine options, now if you see "denom set up " (words to that effect ) touch the denom tab. Machine may now let you set the accounting denom or it may tell you that you  need to be in key menu.  If it will let you set it. set it to a penny, press save, close the door and see if it will work.

We can go back at a later date after you get your hands on a clear/key chip and set the multi denom.  If the fellow that sold you the machine won't send you a Key 22 send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one.

Looking at the Base and Game numbers on the eproms, it looks like you have a 25 line multi denom game set.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
inkyspal

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 12:12:06 AM »

Thanks so much!  I just tried this and to no avail.  It looks like I definitely need the key chip.
I checked with the guy I bought it from and he doesn't have one.   I'll send you a PM now.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »

inkyspal   Swrew that guy, send me your address now and I will get my Son to drop it off at the Post Pffice tomorrow.  The guy doesn't even know or care how he puts labels on eproms. Why the F*** would you put one on upside down. And too lazy to put the complete number on the eprom.   ( Hope he's a member here. )
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:57:15 AM by Buzz » Logged

tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »

Holy crap, I was right? I guess even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then.

Dan (tacman)

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:51 AM »

Dan  Did you ever think about a career change ?/ Seems like your pretty good at figuring things out.

inkyspal

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:59 AM »

A huge THANKS to everyone who took the time to respond to my desperate post today!  What a day it has been working on this thing!  Once I get the key card (thanks Buzz), I'll post a follow up. 
tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 03:46:45 PM »

Dan  Did you ever think about a career change ?/ Seems like your pretty good at figuring things out.

No way! I make too much begging at the highway exits, and it's all tax free!

Dan (tacman)

Glad you fixed the issues. Hope you are up and running after getting the Key chip.

inkyspal

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »

I received the Key Chip from Buzz today.  (Thanks again!)   Hail
I was able to go through all of the steps and FINALLY....my Monster Mansion is working.  I've been playing it now for almost an hour. 
I only have one remaining problem....hoping this isn't due to damage during shipment...
My monitor colors are off.  I have no red or blue...what is supposed to be red is purple.  See photo below.
Was there something in the Key Card settings menu regarding color adjustments that perhaps I missed?...or is there a place to adjust color on the monitor itself?  (It is a Ceronix 17" monitor (not LCD)).   

lindam1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »

I would start with the simple..... Check the socket on the CRT to make sure the board (plug) didn't come loose in transit

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
inkyspal

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »

I would start with the simple..... Check the socket on the CRT to make sure the board (plug) didn't come loose in transit

Just checked...seems good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.