Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:47:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  Audio Geak Needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audio Geak Needed  (Read 7347 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« on: July 07, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »

Hi All,
I have an issue that seems to be over my head or I just cant grasp the concept.

I have an AMI model C C/D 100 Jukebox. The amp is listed at 200 watts.
I wanted to play the jukebox when I sit out at the pool but I can't hear it because it's in the house.
(I could crank it up, so I could hear it through the  hurricane proof glass but my ears start to bleed when I come in to get another beer)

I purchased a wireless speaker and I'm sure it's not the best of quality. It has a 3.5mm input jack into the wireless transmitter. The jack has the standard three contacts
(a common ground for both left and right channels and a positive for the left and one for the right channel) I have determined that I can only use this as a mono speaker since my amp does not support a common ground for each channel (See attached diagram for my amp)

My big issue now is that if I use the mono 4 watt or 8 watt from the amp to the transmitter I have to turn up the volume on the jukebox so high it's blasting in the house again. On low volume it does not put out enough ?? (oomph) to the wireless transmitter.
Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area but I don't know what the output is from an amp. Volts? Watts? Both?

If the rheostat for the volume on the jukebox is governing this output could I tap my input to the wireless transmitter before the volume control on the jukebox. I could then adjust the volume on the wireless receiver speaker with the volume control that is built into it.

If I could do that would you kindly tell me how with the wiring diagram attached?

* amp page 1.jpg (603.17 KB, 2199x1699 - viewed 402 times.)

* amp page 2.jpg (555.3 KB, 2199x1699 - viewed 365 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:29:22 PM »

3.5mm input jack?
Isn't that input designed for plugging a headphone/earplug line level output to it?
Way different than a speaker output.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »

correct, you are connecting a high current/low impedance output and with a low current/high impedance input, you can blow your amp, so disconnect it.  Ideally you want to tap into the preamp stage.  You might want to ask advice from this place:

http://www.vendoramusements.com/bbs/nph-YaBB.pl?board=jukebox/0

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Neonkiss

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »

Thanks All.  applause applause

Ya, That's an headphone jack for a MP3 Player type of device. That's what was confusing me and why I was not sure it would work.

Thanks Rick.  I'll check out that other web site and see if they have any suggestions to see if this will work.

Neonkiss

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 11:58:49 PM »

correct, you are connecting a high current/low impedance output and with a low current/high impedance input, you can blow your amp, so disconnect it.  Ideally you want to tap into the preamp stage.  You might want to ask advice from this place:

http://www.vendoramusements.com/bbs/nph-YaBB.pl?board=jukebox/0

Thanks for the link Rick.
I tried to register and log in to post my question but I could not.
I don't know if their site is down or what. Just kept getting some SMPT error message and when you try to log in or re-register it says  your pre-registered?

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »

I did not try to login, I just read some messages.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:33 AM »

You might be able to find an adapter at a car audio place that will convert the separate outputs into RCA level outputs.

Try that. If the audio is too low then modify the input on the wireless speaker to remove some resistors and allow for more signal to come in.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:20 AM »

Is there a specification in the piece of paper that came with the wireless speaker? Specifically, its input sensitivity? This may be specified in dB, but it will tell you what voltage level you need to drive the thing. The reference level, 0dB, is defined as 1 milliwatt into 600 ohms, which works out at 0.775 volts RMS.

The formula linking watts and speakers with voltage is, (watts) times (speaker ohms) = (voltage) squared. For example, one watt into 4 ohms takes 2 volts, 4 watts into 4 ohms takes 4 volts. If your transmitter was 0dB sensitivity and connected across the 4 ohm speaker, it would be maxed out at 0.15 watts, well before the windows started to shake.

The ideal place to pick up the signal is at the preamp output, but I can't see that on your diagrams. Often it's a separate module, but perhaps not in this case, or the connections would be shown. I notice you appear to have a modern DC volume control, so there's no signal to be had there.
pinballmike49
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 47

slots,slots and more slots

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 12:55:19 AM »

Hi, saw your post and might have some info for you. I have Seeburg and NSM boxes myself. If I have a problem with sound systems or amps I call Bill Becker at Juke box Saturday Night. Bill has been around doing repairs on juke box amps for over 40 years and is located in Cochran, Ga. Bill is known all over the U.S. for his juke box repairs. He takes phone calls for repairs or info without a problem. His phone number is 478-934-2244. Give him a try..Mike.
Neonkiss

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:57 AM »

Thanks Mike,
I forgot about Bill. I have talked with him when I was rebuilding my amp in a AMI C

How is your NSM?
I had one that I was getting rid of, so I listed it on ebay with an opening bid of $1.00
7 days later it sold..............   For $1.00 bawling
At least the guy brought cash so I didn't have to pay any paypal fees  frying pan

pinballmike49
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 47

slots,slots and more slots

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 12:13:17 AM »

Hi, back again. When asked about the NSM machine I just love it. I won the machine on flea-bay for $450.00 and it came with remote and a set of high dollar speakers. I'm well pleased with the NSM FIRE BIRD cdm-3. The only thing I didn't care for was the close to 4 hour drive to pick it up near St. Louis, Mo.  Having the machine for almost 2 years I have collected enough parts to build about three machines. I got the parts cheap from vendors in LA, Ohio and east coast. They were updating their machines to internet boxes and gave me super deals. The only problem with the NSM machine is the programing of it. I have all the manuals for it including the hard to get service tech ones. The manuals are a twist of German/American. Also have two Seeburg SS-160 machines and a ton of good Seeburg parts. Sold all the wall boxes and stepper units for numerous Seeburgs, they went quick. Back in the mid seventies I hooked up with a guy that had a large juke box route in northwest Indiana. At this time I started putting out many pinball machines. As the old time vendors would say not pinball machines but pin games. Oh well enough of the past, If I can help in any way drop me line, thanks Mike.
2xpy_archer
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »

Old post I know but the cd100 has external speaker outputs built in that you can vary the wattage with.
Ken Layton
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 88

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 04:27:08 AM »

Rowe makes an amplifier accessory board that provides tons of different access points to and from the amplifier plus before and after the jukebox volume control. This accessory board plugs right into the jukebox amplifier and it has a bunch of RCA jacks on it.

Here is the manual for the kit so you can see what it does:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Jukebox/Rowe_AMI/Rowe_Amplifier_Accessory_Board_Kit_26694703_%28Rev_3-93%29.pdf
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.