Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  RWB Slant Top
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RWB Slant Top  (Read 15288 times)
joeelectron
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the info and pic's, sorry I haven't been right on top of this, but other daily activities have consumed most of my free time lately. I have no manuals on this, so it's been a slower process than usual. I took some pic's yesterday, now I have to figure out how to post them. Not the most computer savvy! Again, Thanks! I will try to get to some of the suggestions when I get off of work today.
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

Great posts Rocket!  applause
This is all very, very helpful!

well maybe --JOEELECTRON  will get a better idea of what the parts of his machine are and get a better grip on whats could be faulty to look for ?

as i said a picture is worth a thousand words >>>>NOT TRUE <<<<   TO A BEGINNER ---some of us adapt quickly to learning others need to be spoon fed .. some are always sucking there thumb lol ..

but my point was its a friendly forum and it took less than 10 minutes to snap the pics and post some helpful info for the original poster who asked the questions of what what ?? I never claim to know it all .. because wisdom comes with age --the smartest person can still learn something new -the smart@ass just demonstrates the point that he/she is not open minded and NOT willing to look out for beginners ..wanting to learn . have a great day folks its FRIDAY!!
I HOPE THIS HELPS OUT  JOEELECTRON that asked the questions to start with . ..

I knew if you hung around long enough you would be good for something............just kidding. rotflmao Hanging around here myself for since January of 06 I am still one of those between needing to be spoon feed and sucking there thumb. My back ground is mechanical and business not electrical so I always have a hard time fixing my slots. hissy fit  I don't have a slant top so it was interesting to see some details. Thank you for taking the time to SHOW us spoon fed slot enthusiast pictures we can understand.  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Ron
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:10:03 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
joeelectron
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 11:46:59 AM »

Here's some pic's, I hope this works! By the way it is set up as a quarter machine.

* P1010184.jpg (998.56 KB, 1360x2048 - viewed 234 times.)

* P1010185.jpg (693.43 KB, 2048x1360 - viewed 234 times.)
joeelectron
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »

Here's 2 more

* P1010186.jpg (740.42 KB, 2048x1360 - viewed 245 times.)

* P1010188.jpg (677.51 KB, 2048x1360 - viewed 212 times.)
joeelectron
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »

The final 2

* P1010189.jpg (739.76 KB, 2048x1360 - viewed 200 times.)

* P1010190.jpg (743.22 KB, 2048x1360 - viewed 222 times.)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:10:42 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
joeelectron
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

I've removed the coin hopper and escalator about 3 times already and it looks clear. I have some prior experience with pachislo machines, so this was nothing new. A little background on me: I'm an industrial electrician, so I have knowledge in power distribution and control logic circuits. But... without a schematic to work with, everyone's input sure cuts down the troublshooting time. I know, if you have a print, what do you need an electrician for! Thanks again to all!
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:11:25 PM by ROCKET » Logged

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »

Joe-

I'm still not convinced that your machine is broken.

Is the bottom candle ("tower") light on steady, or blinking rapidly?

Also, does the yellow plastic right below the bill validator (where it says "insert bills", directly below the black beak to feed bills in) light up when you close the door, and go dark when you open the door?

Finally, try adjusting the coin comparator.  First, make sure that the coin is seated properly in there, and then using a tiny screwdriver turn the adjustment pot all the way to the "-" (minus) setting.  That should have the comparator reject fewer coins.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
joeelectron
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »

The bottom light is blinking rapidly. After closing the door, the machine goes thru a self test, then the bottom light blinks and the display alternates between 263 and 10. the bill acceptor appears lit and accepts the bill then spits it back out.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »

The 10 is the last winner (you have 3 any bars that pay 10 coins when you play 2), and the 263 is the coins that were paid out of the hopper.  Has this bill validator every accepted a bill that you have witnessed yourself?  You may have the wrong protocol on the DBV software.

As far as the coin acceptor, it may just be broken, do you have a way to test it in another machine?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »

Joe,

From your picture of the coin comparator it doesn't appear that it is seated in its plastic clip holders properly.   Try re-seating it and make sure all the corners of the comparator are in the clips the way they should be.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »

This sure looks like S+ to me, but it is in the M Slot section, I am going to move it.

P.S. Hey there Donnie, (ROCKET) good to see you posting and hopefully feeling better! K+ for PICS and Help! I always snap pictures and take notes, even if I THINK I know what I am doing! arrow Tongue Out bust gut laughing

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:12:03 PM by ROCKET » Logged

joeelectron
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »

I was able to add the two required credits, (thanks for the pic's!), the game played when I pressed the spin button. But it still will not accept coins. I tried readjusting the coin comparator physically and with the pot. Still no go. So I tried the bill validator and it is working now! I'm still not sure what exactly solved the problem, (it needed to cycle? or bad bills?). I guess I just need a new coin comparator now. Thanks for all the input, time and patience on this problem. This is the first time I've ever consulted an online help site and it went above and beyond what I was hoping for. Thanks for the immediate, useful, and friendly input from everyone!
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:03:26 PM by ROCKET » Logged

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:04:00 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »

you can eliminate the coin optics as your problem by simply shimming out the coin accept gate on the back side of the comparator. follow the two gray wires that come from the plug on the front (right side middle of comp.) to the coil on the back. If you push the arm that is pulled in by the coil when it is active, you will see that the part (coin acceptor gate) pivots and at rest blocks the coin. When energized it pulls the arm out of the body of the comparator and allows the coin to pass onto the optics. You can place a piece of cardboard behind the gate to keep it out of the way so a coin will pass. If this works then the coin comp. is probably broken, provided that the wiring harness is good. If the harness is defective then the comp. won't get power and not work at all.
Either way by doing the above , you should get the machine to work with coins while you are waiting for parts.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:04:37 PM by ROCKET » Logged

datonaz28
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 06:20:44 AM »

The reels on my slant top hang off the top. What is the differance between the two?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:05:09 PM by ROCKET » Logged

joeelectron
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

Thanks, I'll try all the above when I get back into town.
datonaz28
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »

My machines are S+, Made in 1991.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:05:43 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.