Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E-1088 Reels Spin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-1088 Reels Spin  (Read 2390 times)
jasontschetter
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:41:17 AM »

A puzzle (hopefully a simple one) for the E-series experts...

I have a E-1088 that was working perfectly until we moved it (removed the hopper and reels, moved the unit, and reinserted hopper and reels).  Symptoms are:
* insert coin - diverter does not send to hopper, just drops out the reject
* manually tripping coin acceptor - Registers Coin Inserted correctly showing me that basic I/O is working...
* Reels are spinning free, all reel mechanics appear to be working fine, I can hit the release, pull the arm and they spin, but they never lock
* Reel solenoids can be released manually and engage properly, but they never seem to engage automatically
* If I manually activate the reels with the machine on I will eventually get a 41 000 indicating a detected improper reel spin

I'm assuming that I need to reset the logic to recognize the reel position, but do not know how and am stuck.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Would one of you please post an E-1000 manual?  I have not been able to find one in the Submitted Files.

Many thanks!
Jason

Let me know if anyone needs anything on any of the following:
Bally EM 955 (Works like a champ!)
Bally V- 1252 (Resurrected from the ashes!)
Bally E-1088 (Soon to be working!)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »

when you say the coins "DROP TO THE REJECT" do you mean they come back to you in the tray?  do you have any coil activitiy - does the handle release when you manually activate the coin switch (you said manually tripping coin acceptor?)?   run the 2 test - do any of the coils activate (coin divertor - handle release - reel coils) - if no coils - you have lost the 50v - check your 8amp fuse and the delay relay.

jasontschetter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »

Sorry for the delay, busy couple of weeks.

First off, thank you for the tip, you were spot-on, it was the 8A fuse for the 50v circuit.  I wasn't able to find a direct equivalent, but on closer inspection, the fuse that was in that circuit was a 3A 32v and the much lower wattage explains why it blew.  We were able to put in a 5A 32v from RadioShack and we're back up and running (but expect it to blow if anything sticks).

Many thanks!
Jason
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.