Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:09:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  gamecraft video poker machine
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gamecraft video poker machine  (Read 11868 times)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »

HEY ROCKET POST THE CHIPS

ok within a hour or so ..

OK ITS ON HOLD SORRY !! ITS 65 DEGEES OUT .. MY HIGHER GOD HAS SPOKEN !!

SHE SAID GET OFF THE COMPUTER GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SLOTMACHINE !! >>ATLEAST NOT OUT OF MY @SS

SHE IS TAKING ME OUT TO PLAY !!! HE HE HE HE HE .. SO YOU DONT WANT ME POSTING !! AFTER GETTING TOASTED !!
hmmm  I dont drink anymore ???or less lol  hmmm that means she wants to hmmmm ??

THIS COULD  BE A CAPTAIN HAPPY-- EVENING !!

with a cozy fireplace & spit a few hairs between friends !!

I WILL POST PICTURES AS SOON AS I CAN OF THE CLOCK CHIPS -SECURITY CHIPS -CODEC BUTTONS -ETC ETC

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE ??? THAT YOU HAVE DONE OR CAN THINK OF LET ME KNOW ON A FOLLOW UP POST !!

SORRY FOR DELAY
DUTY CALLS

rocket  

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
KevinW
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:06 AM »

This is an old post, even two years now.  I just stumbled on this post by accident today.

I'm one of the developers of this Gamecraft machine. Nice to see a picture of it again after all these years applause

I didn't read the whole thread but if the main problem your having is the SRAM then maybe you just need to clear it.
If you clear the card it should re-init it's self on boot up.  But first back up an image to a file just in case as I'm not 100% certain now.
Come to think of it, there is clear options in one of the settings screens. That might just fix it too.
Try both key switches that are for different levels of tech/operators.
Seems like we put compression and integrity hashing on it so if it got even slightly corrupted it won't load.
It could be the card is bad too, or otherwise just won't hold it's memory once you power down.

The system is pretty simple really. The computer is just a PC (Athlon XP CPU as I think) housed in that custom lockbox case.
One of the requirements for gambling machine regulations in some if not all states.

As you can see the software boots off the CDROM, as opposed to actual ROM that was mainstream back then (still is?).
That was my coworker whom pioneered a way to make Windows 95 embedded in a very small and bootable format.

I recall the board with SRAM on it was custom made by a contracted Engineer that did a bunch of other boards for the company.
The underpopulated parts where for some simple IO ports and what not, that as you can see is handled instead by a large commercial IO board in there.

The EXPROM that you see (that I happen to code my self) is an extended BIOS.
Just some small code that runs after the system BIOS does.  It does several things to cover gaming machine regulations like verify the CDROM image,
and as I recall has some cryptographic keys in it.

If some of the lights are out then it's probably just the little bulbs inside of the buttons as being incandescent they would burn out after so many hours.
I'm pretty sure today all of that has been replaced with LED technology.

I wish I could dig up some old materials on it, but not sure where they are if I even have them  any more.
Hope this helps if you still have the old machine around some place and have yet to get it working..  Scratch Head
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:08:26 PM by KevinW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.