Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  Slot Topper Wiring
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot Topper Wiring  (Read 22447 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: March 20, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »

I bought a CDS/Aristocrat slot topper on ebay last night and I'm curious as to whether it's gonna be a problem wiring this to my S2000. It was only $25 with shipping so I figured it was worth the buy it know and find out if it's gonna work later deal. I assume that most of these companies get there signage made by the same subcontractors or at the very least they use similar operating voltages for their perriferal devices.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:22:54 AM »

It should not be too hard.
the Topper probably operates on 12-13 (LEDs) and 24-25V (Fluorescents)

Candle should be easy just use your existing candle as a guide.
When you receive it post detailed pictures of the inside and existing wiring in it.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 03:29:16 AM »

It should not be too hard.
the Topper probably operates on 12-13 (LEDs) and 24-25V (Fluorescents)

Candle should be easy just use your existing candle as a guide.
When you receive it post detailed pictures of the inside and existing wiring in it.

Assume NOTHING!
I have seen Bally and WMS use 6 volts,others use 5 volts, some use 24 volts and still others use 12-14 volts. My WMS Bluebird uses 120 volts for the topper general lighting!!
What I usually do is look up the wiring if possible. If that doesnt work, completely disassemble the topper and go searching for markings.
Polarity and voltage of caps on boards will give you a hint of polarity and typical voltages.
When you blow up a topper because someone told you they thought it was a 12 volt version...it sucks....
A few minutes of research will save a major "Aw Shit!"

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 03:57:24 AM »

Thanks for the advice you guys! Clap I don't know if anyone saw it, but it's the "JAMAICA ME MONEY" sign that was on ebay till yestrday. Soon as it gets here I'll take it apart and see what the board inside tells me.
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 05:33:48 AM »

Thanks for the advice you guys! Clap I don't know if anyone saw it, but it's the "JAMAICA ME MONEY" sign that was on ebay till yestrday. Soon as it gets here I'll take it apart and see what the board inside tells me.

ttth  That one?  I almost bought it but decided I didn't need it.  You got it for a great price.  Let me warn you when you take that topper apart.  I haven't done it but I know two people that took it apart and those little LED's are a mess to get put back on so go slow and use some masking tape to keep those LED's in place. 

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! applause I'd of just popped the cover off thinking the lights were surface mounted directly to a board, but I'll pay close attention. Did seem like a hell of a deal though. Put in the minimum bid with an hour something left and figured I'd get sniped at the end. Works for me! yes
ashyron

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! applause I'd of just popped the cover off thinking the lights were surface mounted directly to a board, but I'll pay close attention. Did seem like a hell of a deal though. Put in the minimum bid with an hour something left and figured I'd get sniped at the end. Works for me! yes

I figured it would get sniped too, I don't like sniping.  I figure I will put in a bid and if someone wants it bad enough they can have it.  

Yea, I thought I would warn you about those lights.  I hear they can make quite a mess.  I hope you can get it wired.  Oh also, once you get it in hand, maybe you can look at the back of it and see if it is the snap-in type (like sliding in a hopper) or if it's wired.  If it's the snap-in type (with the hopper-like connector) I could take some pics of my wiring for that.  That's what I have on my CDS machines.  Maybe that might help you but don't wanna just post if it isn't that type.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:24:54 PM by ashyron » Logged

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »

Funny you mentioned that because one of the pics they posted kind of shows the bottom and it looks like it has two slots for some type of bracket. Would it be easier to see if someone has the bracket I could mount to my machine? Or better yet, maybe it comes with it and they didn't show it in the ad. Who knows, I'll find out in a couple days though. It already shipped
ashyron

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 09:27:37 PM »

Funny you mentioned that because one of the pics they posted kind of shows the bottom and it looks like it has two slots for some type of bracket. Would it be easier to see if someone has the bracket I could mount to my machine? Or better yet, maybe it comes with it and they didn't show it in the ad. Who knows, I'll find out in a couple days though. It already shipped

Scratch Head It looks to me that what you are seeing on the bottom is the mounting holes for the topper itself. This topper slides in place and has two nuts on the inside of the machine itself.  I am more curious to see the back of it.  CDS has two different types of connections.  Depending on the type of wiring I might be able to help you with a bracket from a machine I got from a friend for parts.  

I'm actually heading out to the carport to take pictures of the parts machine and maybe some pics of my good working machines so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.  I doubt they are going to send you the bracket for the machine.  I'll post a couple pics in a few minutes, let me go take some first.  I gotta get off this couch anyway before I fall asleep.   Duh! Duh!

ashyron

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:10:24 PM »

OK I got 4 pictures for you but I don't know if you will have this type of connection.  This should give you an idea as to how it hooks up in a CDS and you might be able to plan on how you want to connect it to your s2000.  I hope this helps.  It might just be  spam spam spam

* DSCN3550 - Copy.jpg (99.09 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 281 times.)

* DSCN3551 - Copy.jpg (86.75 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 261 times.)

ashyron

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »

Two more pics for ya. 

* DSCN3552 - Copy.jpg (58.27 KB, 512x768 - viewed 278 times.)

* DSCN3553 - Copy.jpg (89.1 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 299 times.)

ashyron

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »

Let's try that pic again.

* DSCN3552 - Copy.jpg (57.97 KB, 768x512 - viewed 265 times.)

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

Good pics ashy, thanks. I'm thinking mounting bracket isn't gonna be there.  :8-After I get it I might ask you about voltages for the lighting. Help Candle shouldn't be to tough. Sure appreciate all the help applause
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 12:30:50 AM »

Duh! Duh! Duh! frying pan frying pan frying pan bawling bawling bawling hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit

Ron,

Maybe I should have raped the two CDS machines that I just gave to you of that connector??? Scratch Head

What was I thinking? Scratch Head stir the pot / get cooking

Just Kidding! I just recognized the machine! HA HA! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »

Don't those CDS machines have a much sharper arc to the top than a IGT roundtop? Might take a little ingenuity just to mount it to the machine. Heck, took a little ingenuity just to spell ingenuity! arrow
ashyron

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 02:34:57 AM »

Don't those CDS machines have a much sharper arc to the top than a IGT roundtop? Might take a little ingenuity just to mount it to the machine. Heck, took a little ingenuity just to spell ingenuity! arrow

You have a good point.  Yes I believe they are so you might just have to send that topper to me to hold on to until you find a way to mount it or buy a CDS machine to attach it to.   rotflmao bust gut laughing rotflmao bust gut laughing

How do you spell that again?

Duh! Duh! Duh! frying pan frying pan frying pan bawling bawling bawling hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit

Ron,

Maybe I should have raped the two CDS machines that I just gave to you of that connector??? Scratch Head

What was I thinking? Scratch Head stir the pot / get cooking

Just Kidding! I just recognized the machine! HA HA! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

CH CaptainHappy
LOL CH There isn't much more to take off it Crazy Crazy You want the connector, come find me for your connector.   frying pan frying pan frying pan

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 04:02:10 AM »

LOL! Are you sure you don't wanna just wait till I put it on a CDS machine? Then I could give ya the whole thing till I got tired of not playing it bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
ashyron

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »

LOL! Are you sure you don't wanna just wait till I put it on a CDS machine? Then I could give ya the whole thing till I got tired of not playing it bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Well shoot.  Duh! Duh! Duh! Now why didn't I think of that?!?!  I like it.  When can I expect it?  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »

To be crazy enough to do that I'd have to be crazy enough to carry it on my back, so if you'll excuse me I'll be lifting weights for a bit. Unfortunately, they're made by Miller and only weigh 12 oz each. Gonna be a lot of lifting knockout knockout knockout
ashyron

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »

To be crazy enough to do that I'd have to be crazy enough to carry it on my back, so if you'll excuse me I'll be lifting weights for a bit. Unfortunately, they're made by Miller and only weigh 12 oz each. Gonna be a lot of lifting knockout knockout knockout

sleep sleep I'm still half asleep right now so it took me a minute to figure it out but I got it. Cry Laughing  You're a pretty funny guy ya know.   Crazy Crazy  I like it. applause

Now back to regular programming. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

If you'd like I can take a topper off my good working CDS game and set it on top of a s2000 machine and take a couple pics so you can get an idea of what you will be working with. Or, I can just wait for everything to show up at my door Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 05:58:10 PM »

Brian at Rocky Mt. Slots has some CDS toppers. A PM might get you some parts.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »

Making fun of yourself is half the fun you get out of life rotflmao Pics of awhat it might look like would be great though. I've got a friend who owns a metal shop locally and some ideas on how to make a simple sheet metal bracket to adapt this thing to my machine. Mounting it will probably be the easier of the two issues. Wiring I won't know till I see it. If it runs on 24v for the lighting that would be great, because I've got an extra 24v 2.5amp supply that'll plug right into the distribution box in the belly of the game. applause Oops, sorry Buzz, replied before I read yours. I'll drop him a line after I look and see what's gonna be involved here. Thanks!
ashyron

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »

Pics of awhat it might look like would be great though.  Thanks!

wave  I gotta package up some glass for shipping (storage actually) so give me a little time and I will get you some pics.  Now you got me curious as to what it'll look like.  Scratch Head Scratch Head  yes

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »

I think it's gonna look pretty good. Depends on how high it'll have to sit above the machine with the arc it has versus the arc of the S2000 top box. Might end up having to change the double Diamond to something else to get a better color match between the sign and game. Nothing like a good challenge though Scratch Head
ashyron

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »

I think it's gonna look pretty good. Depends on how high it'll have to sit above the machine with the arc it has versus the arc of the S2000 top box. Might end up having to change the double Diamond to something else to get a better color match between the sign and game. Nothing like a good challenge though Scratch Head

I am actually surprised to see how well this topper fit on an s2000 round top machine.  The only problem you might have is the black spacer.  You'll see it in the pictures.

Now on to the pictures.

* DSCN3567.jpg (96.77 KB, 512x768 - viewed 253 times.)

* DSCN3568.jpg (84.54 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 259 times.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.