Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 10:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill  (Read 76394 times)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »

Weak-ass Republicans in Congress.   loser

Why did none of them have the spine to stand up and ask Calderon why he denounces Arizona's immigration policy, while standing by Mexico's which is much stricter than ours? stir the pot / get cooking

85%!!!!! slap slap slap

HMMMMMMMMM  TRUE NONE OF THEM SPOKE UP !!!!Throw the bums out!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ALL OF THEM //////

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »

I enjoy listening to the morons on TV who talk about the bill without even reading it first.
 Help
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »

Mexican illegal immigration policy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOXrKJq345E&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TOXrKJq345E&rel=0</a>

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »

Obama to send 1,200 troops to US-Mexico border (AP)
AP - President Barack Obama will send 1,200 National Guard troops to boost security along the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said Tuesday, pre-empting Republican plans to try to force votes on such a deployment.

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

Word is.... these MAY be desk jobs.... and they will not be armed, observers only. 1200 troops.... lets say they are "boots on the ground", thats what? 3 per mile? If my military time serves me right, out of that 1200 will be many support folks like cooks, supply, etc.

To me, it is sugar  coating, all feel-good bullshit.

Charles Krauthammer (sp) had a great idea.... take 20,000 unemployed folks, and the materials, and build a nice big fence along the AZ border... it could be done quickly... then talk about fixing the rest of the problem.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »

I agree, By him sending them on his own instead of being forced to by lawmakers..he can call the shots as to what they "actually" do  stir the pot / get cooking

rickh

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:55 AM »

According to the Border Patrol the public is being mislead as to WHO is coming into the USA. This IS THE TRUTH. as reported by WSBTV in Atlanta.

Video 1 http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html<http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html>

Video 2 http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438712/index.html<http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438712/index.html>

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »

If this keeps up, we're gonna have a "Great Wall Of U.S.A." or the German's "Berlin Wall"... Duh! frying pan arrow
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »

Obama: National Guard Won't Be on Front Lines in Arizona

The 1,200 National Guard troops President Obama is dispatching to the U.S.-Mexico border will provide intelligence, reconnaissance and other "back office" support, but one thing they won't be doing is helping a beleaguered Border Patrol and local law enforcement nab illegal immigrants and smugglers flowing into Arizona.

Speaking at a press conference in the White House East Room Thursday, the president said the Guard won't be on the front lines but will be offering vital support roles.

"What we find is, is that National Guards persons can help on intelligence, dealing with both drug and human trafficking along the borders. They can relieve border guards so that the border guards then can be in charge of law enforcement in those areas. So there are a lot of functions that they can carry out that helps leverage and increase the resources available in this area," he said.

"They can relieve border guards so that guards can be in charge of law enforcement," the president added.

The State Department on Wednesday described the border plan as "not about immigration," but rather about the unregulated flow of drugs and guns being sent into Mexico from the U.S.as well as humans streaming northward.

"And let's understand, we're talking about, you know, flows going in both directions. It's not about immigration. It's not about the flow of certain things coming in this direction. We recognize, as the president has said, as the secretary has said, you know, we have responsibilities here, both in terms of the demand for narcotics within our country, the flow of weapons from our country into Mexico that helps to fuel the violence that Mexico is struggling with," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said.

arrow arrow arrow Obama said his plan to send as many as 1,200 troops was shaped last year before a national controversy erupted over Arizona's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigrants.

The law allows state police to determine whether an individual is in the state legally when he or she is questioned by police on other suspicions.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer repeatedly has said that she signed the law because the federal government has offered no assistance in closing up the gaping border.

Crowley said it's not the first time the Guard have been sent to the border to work in secondary roles.

"You know, the rationale is simply to be able to, you know, take some support functions, relieve the civilian law enforcement of certain support functions and establish a broader presence across our border with Mexico," he said. "This frees up some resources that can be used more effectively to directly interdict the flow of illegal drugs, you know."

U.S. Ambassador to Mexico Carlos Pascual, speaking to journalists Wednesday in Mexico City, said the troops will serve as a bridge until the American government can get more agents on the border. He emphasized that the troops won't be working on the front lines or interacting with people crossing the border.

"It's much more back office functions of receiving reports that are coming in from other intelligence entities," he said. The troops will "review and analyze" intelligence, then "feed that to the people who are actually the presence on the border itself." In addition, he said the troops will observe the border from remote surveillance points, then communicate with Customs and Border Protection officers.

On Thursday, the Senate voted down an amendment by Arizona Sen. John McCain, who proposed sending 6,000 National Guard troops to the border, saying 3,000 of his proposed sum should go directly to Arizona to help protect his state.

Obama said he wants more than just a border security approach to the nation's immigration problems.

"I don't see these issues in isolation, not solely as a problem of the National Guard," he said, noting he wants a bill in Congress that does "a good job of securing our borders, holds employers accountable, makes sure that those who have come here illegally have to pay a fine, pay back taxes, learn English and get right by the law."

Obama and top members of his administration have said they disapprove of Arizona's law, and the Justice Department is weighing civil action against the state.

The president would not condemn boycotts of the state over its law, saying it is for private citizens to decide, not the president of the United States.

"You know, I'm the president of the United States. I don't endorse boycotts or not endorse boycotts," he said. "What my administration is doing is examining very closely this Arizona law and its implications for the civil rights and civil liberties of the people in Arizona, as well as the concern that you start getting a patchwork of 50 different immigration laws around the country in an area that is inherently the job of the federal government."

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2010, 04:28:23 AM »

Ok, he's just proved he's the biggest idiot on the face of the planet.

First, everyone knows what he means by "get right by the law": Don't dumb it down, Obama, don't hide behind pretty euphemisms, have the balls to call it what it is: Amnesty!

He's worried about his approval rating falling, and he realizes he's losing the American people's support, so his grand plan is to create a whole new bloc of voters untainted by his lackluster performance.

Too bad nobody in Washington, D.C. has the balls to ask him exactly what the qualifications are of the National Guard troops to review intelligence. Who exactly has trained them in the geopolitical intricacies of the area, and how long did it take to educate these troops to perform this job? By placing these 1200 troops into these roles, he is guaranteeing the border stays open for his new crop of supporters voters to make their way into our country so they can become citizens in time for the next presidential election. frying pan

This is the same president who goes to a $17,500/plate fundraising dinner for Barbara Boxer instead of dealing with the disaster in the Gulf. This is the same guy who, over a third of the way through his presidential term, is still blaming the previous administration for every single problem we are facing. When will  this country become his country? When will he take responsibility  for the job he's supposed to be doing? Scratch Head

I don't know how many of you heard about the "heckler" at the fundraising speech he made for Boxer, but the media sure is making a big deal of it. What they're not telling you is that he had the person arrested. What else they are not telling you is that the heckler worked on Obama's presidential campaign. So much for supporting the people who supported him.  ttth

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »

talked with a buddy from California this weekend, a border patrol agent... asked him about the national guard helping them... they prefer the support setup better, last time they got help, he said the guard had trouble following thier instructions along the border and they kept losing them out in the field. I guess they told the to "stay here and watch" but they wandered around... so in the BP minds, this setup will help more. Still seems dumb to me.

rickh

« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »

Take a peek at a freinds website...

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003414.html

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »

I Love Arizona song by Luca Zanna

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3YujxzBTKU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/V3YujxzBTKU&rel=0</a>

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »

Unanimous support
Bullhead City Council votes 7-0 to author letter supporting SB 1070
By NEIL YOUNG/The Daily News

Published: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 12:38 AM MDT
BULLHEAD CITY — Bullhead City council members voted unanimously in favor of signing a letter of support for SB 1070 during their Tuesday meeting.

The letter reads in part: “We, the Council for the City of Bullhead City, Arizona, do hereby express our FULL support of Arizona’s adoption and passage of Senate Bill 1070. We believe the actions of Governor Brewer and the Arizona Legislature were brave and courageous, despite knowing the types of backlash and negative responses this state, and its legal citizens would receive.”

The letter was written by Council Member Jerry Duvall, who said he didn’t believe in taking the “politically correct” route and “stay silent.”

He addressed the argument that the council’s going on record in favor of the anti-illegal immigration law could negatively impact tourism. Duvall said he believes it will draw visitors, and perhaps attract new residents.

Council Member Sheila Shutts asked Martin Rogers, acting city attorney, if there is “anything that prohibits sending a letter?” Rogers replied, “You are free to express your opinion on this as council members.”

Shutts encouraged audience members to write letters of support to the governor.

“I firmly believe in states’ rights and home rule for cities and towns,” said Bullhead City Mayor Jack Hakim.

“The voices of Arizona pleading for help were not heard,” Hakim said. “I support SB 1070. Our (police) officers will be trained and racial profiling will be prohibited.”

During the public hearing, emotions ran high. Many comments drew cheers from the audience. Some residents ridiculed members of the Obama administration for their confessions that they haven’t read the law even though they oppose it.

Speaking in favor of SB 1070, one man said, “It’s not a matter of race, it’s an abuse of our system.”

“Arizona has touched the heart and soul of America,” said former city council candidate Chuck Flagge.

Candy Mason, co-owner of Silly Cactus and Replay, rose to speak wearing a “God Bless Arizona” T-shirt. She brought several more T-shirts and handed them out to council members. Mason said she’s talked with California residents who changed their vacation plans to visit Arizona.

Scott Steele, president of the Bullhead City Police Officers Association, said the idea police would racially profile citizens “is a farce.” He said, “It’s not about race.” The law gives law enforcement another tool to battle the criminal element and terrorists, Steele said.

On the other side of the coin, one man advocated boycotting Bullhead City businesses as a result of the letter of support. He said, “This law is wrong.”

Jacob Abeytia, who took the lead in opposing the letter and an earlier resolution proposal from Duvall, repeated his argument that “It will not change anything.” He feared a backlash from potential tourists, and added, “The voting booth is the proper place to pay homage” to legislators who voted in favor of SB 1070.

As it came time to vote, Council Member Mark Clark said there are an estimated 22 million illegal immigrants in the United States. “This is a national travesty,” Clark said. Shutts noted she’s a first-generation American, with her father emigrating from Hungary. She said she can understand why people want to come to “the land of opportunity,” but they must do it legally. Shutts expressed concern about illegal immigrants being victimized by “traffickers.”

Hakim and Vice Mayor Kathy Bruck stated they, too, are first-generation Americans. Bruck said SB 1070 was needed. Council Member Mickey McClure scoffed at threats from Californians to boycott Arizona. “Anybody look at the river this weekend?” he asked, to laughter in the chamber from council members and residents.

“I support this 100 percent,” said Council Member Sam Medrano. “It’s days like this that make me extremely proud to be an Arizonan.”

Both Medrano and Hakim said they were the only members of the Bullhead City council to receive an e-mail from Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, urging them to sign a letter opposing SB 1070. Medrano believed she targeted him because he’s of Mexican descent. “I’m proud to be an American,” Medrano said. “We are a nation of immigrants, but are also a nation of laws.”

Hakim said he believed Wilcox sent him the e-mail because of his Middle Eastern surname. “I took offense and deleted (her e-mail) right away,” Hakim said.

“I am proud to sign your letter,” Medrano told Duvall, and with that, the council voted 7-0 in favor of SB 1070.

“In all of the things I’ve said for the past two weeks, three weeks, I haven’t mentioned illegal immigration,” Abeytia said, as he was leaving the chamber. “I’ve been talking about the economic repercussions that could possibly happen to the area. It’s not an illegal immigration issue,” he said. “Yeah, I hope the Bullhead City Police Department is going to follow the law. Is racial profiling going to happen? Sure it’s going to happen. We all know it’s going to happen and there’s nothing that can stop that. We just hope it’s not so flagrant that it really puts people in harm’s way or makes mistakes like pulling in people that are actually citizens. That has happened in Maricopa County.”

* city.jpg (20.85 KB, 360x270 - viewed 318 times.)

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

rickh

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »

nice ... good job.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2010, 06:57:48 PM »

How long is the Arizona/Mexico border?
200 miles? Why not just set up a temporary franchise of Taco Bells every couple of
miles and keep a buncha handcuffs under the counter?
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »

How long is the Arizona/Mexico border?
200 miles? Why not just set up a temporary franchise of Taco Bells every couple of
miles and keep a buncha handcuffs under the counter?

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »

Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley
          CSI ALERT!!!
 Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley Sherlock Smiley
Take a look at the picture that I have circled a portion of below. I X'ed a guy out to prevent confusion. I know the pic was small to start out with, but look carefully and you will see a man taking his daughters for a civics lesson in the front row of the meeting... The girls have an AZ flag in their laps, and their dad is to the left of them. Can you guess who they are?

Yup, It is Joey, Shayla, and Christina! Clap applause wave

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

* city circled.JPG (16.8 KB, 350x262 - viewed 347 times.)

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Slottex

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »

MAKES YOU WANT TO MOVE TO ARIZONA !!!!!!!!!!!!! waving flag Clap
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »

Skipper   You didn't hide any camera's here at my house did you ???????             Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rickh

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »

Buzz.. when you coming to Phoenix?

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »

Scared to I don't have a Green Card  and I was born two years before birth certificates were invented. Now can't you just see NIS trying to figure out how to deport me back to Kentucky. NO THANK YOU.   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »

Skipper   You didn't hide any camera's here at my house did you ???????             Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

Buzz,

Cameras are expensive, and you know that I can't afford to buy replacements, so I think you are safe as I would not want to risk breaking a lens taking your picture!  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
rickh

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »

Buzz, tell them you homesteaded here....

rickh

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2010, 02:32:44 AM »

Let's say I break into your house
A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!!
It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV. 
Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress 
is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. 
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, 'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters: 

You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to feed me
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan 
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family

My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest. (except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there. 

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house 
And what a deal it is for me!!! 

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, and I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so that you can communicate with me. 

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!  
America is populated and governed by idiots.

If you agree, pass it on (in English). 
If not blow it off......... 
along with your future Social Security funds and a lot of the former benefits of being an American Citizen.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.