Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Double Diamond Repair
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond Repair  (Read 4619 times)
Kingpin
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:27:35 AM »

Replaced the battery and got rid of the code 12 now I have a stuborn 61.  Where do I get one of these Clear chips I keep reading about and how do I know which one to get?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »

I'd like you to go to this web address

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/

and check out what it has to say about the error code [61] and initializing a new game.
Basically, all you need to do is press the Test button near your power switch or MPU cage.
Sometimes it's up behind  the power switch with the orange decal... arrow

You will then get a [61-1] code.
At that point, you must fully close the door and turn the reset key once
and you oughta be back in business!

oh, by the way...Welcome to New Life Games!  Dancing Party
Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »

I have read the fix for code 61 and gone thru the motions but I never get a 61-1 just the same 61.  When I press the test button on the mother board, the 61 goes away but comes
right back.  I can hold the reset key for a few seconds and the code will go away and I can cycle thru some stuff pressing the spin button and the reels even spin at the end but then the code 61 comes back again. 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »

Call up a vendor for 3 things which are essential to owning an S+.
1} A clear chip
2} A SET chip ( depends on what SP you're using)
3} A spare MPU board...

Clear your MPU's ram with the Clear chip.
See if the [61] goes away with normal game initialization.
If not, replace MPU.
Paladin
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd chime in on my experience yesterday.

I just bought a Triple Dollars game with a 16mhz board that had the low battery code 12.  I replaced the battery, and then had the same issue as the Kingpin - a 61 that would clear for a second, then come right back.  I had a clear chip for my other S Plus game with a 10mhz board, and decided to try the chip in the new game.  The clear chip worked!  After swapping the game chip back in the game fired right up. 

Tom
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd chime in on my experience yesterday.

I just bought a Triple Dollars game with a 16mhz board that had the low battery code 12.  I replaced the battery, and then had the same issue as the Kingpin - a 61 that would clear for a second, then come right back.  I had a clear chip for my other S Plus game with a 10mhz board, and decided to try the chip in the new game.  The clear chip worked!  After swapping the game chip back in the game fired right up. 

Tom

That's good because you had a clear chip to erase and reset the CMOS & motherboard chips.
The problem here was is that Kingpin did NOT have a IVC0123 Clear chip to use.

Sometimes you can drop in a totally different SP chip and
that will force the MPU to do a partial clear.
Then you throw back in the original SP chip and the [61] error code
will clear to [61-1] after pressing the test button.
From there of course, you you close the door
and turn the reset key to boot into the game mode.

Another way is to remove the CMOS chip and ground the legs of the
device onto some flat metal to totally corrupt the chip.
Then re-install the CMOS back into the U51 socket and you can sometimes be back in business!

If you're fortunate to have a 6-pin socket installed on the motherboard at the U1 location -
you can also replace that C024 chip with a new blank eprom to get the machine to initialize.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.