Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Wiring in a Bally ProSlot/coin comparitor
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wiring in a Bally ProSlot/coin comparitor  (Read 13386 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

golflover  Rick  I think you need to step back and look.  I think you have two maybe three problems.

First is a bad Comparitor, as I explained in a email you can build a chute from the coin head to the coin optics, and the machine will work. With the rake blocked open that is what you have done, the Comp. is now no more than a chute for the coins. So let us forget about the comp. for a while, once the machine is up and working we will go back to that problem.

Second problem Coin optics You have already proved they are good (excepts a coin with the door open) has a dollar shim and needs a Quarter shim (that will be taking care of with your new optics that I will mail today)

Third  Cherry switch  Switch has three positions   plunger in/door closed    out/door open   manually plunger can be pulled out   machine thinks the door is closed. Cherry switch has 6 spade terminals,   only three are used, color code on two machines I looked at   outside edge/ black wire  center/orange & yellow  inside/orange.

I'm thinking with the door open it excepts coins, move the door to different positions and see if it will except coins (maybe you have a bad wire in door loom)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »

Thanks Buzz, When I get home today I'll try all the positions. I had talked with Bunker about bad wires, I don't relish having to put a new harness in.  I'll post more later and some pictures too.

Tom
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

Here are the latest test results in no particulair order applause

Door Open - Button Held IN (by hand)  3 times nothing happened

Door Open - Button Out (normal door open position) 3 times optic responded and the  machine read the 22 error invalid coin

Door Open - Button Pulled Out  Once nothing 2 times got the coin in Jam

Door Closed I dropped 3 quarters in - 2 times nothing 3rd coin got  stuck had to open the door and pull the compairitor forward the quarter dropped to the optic and I got the invallid coin error message

This is a 5500 machine photo of the  main board tray corresponds  to the mmanual I got.  Bunker you were right these are 24v compairitors. I was looking at the paperwork I had and it wasn't even for the right model. I put that and the Bally 5000 plus manual asisde soI am dealing with only the right paperwork for the machine.  Compairitor has a red led but like Buzz says that can wait but I  checked my wiring and have the Blue/Brown wires to pin 4 on the connector.

I looked at the door switch wiring I didn't see anything frayed or  crimped but it is tight in there with all the wiring. I'll try to get a few better pictures with my  camera although it iss not the best. Might have to borrow my work camera and use a macro lens to  get any closeup picturesif needed.

* mainboard tray.jpg (330.7 KB, 732x549 - viewed 207 times.)

* mainboardproslot.jpg (275.15 KB, 552x414 - viewed 217 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 09:38:55 PM »

Tom  I think I called you Rick sorry, to many emails and to many years on this old body.

I mailed you a 25 cent coin optic and tossed a CC16 D 24 v comp. along with a Bally 5500 Comp. pigtail  I  think I should have sent a cheery switch to complete the set.   Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »

Tom  I think I called you Rick sorry, to many emails and to many years on this old body.

LOL That is ok.. I have been called alot worse then that...lol

I mailed you a 25 cent coin optic and tossed a CC16 D 24 v comp. along with a Bally 5500 Comp. pigtail  I  think I should have sent a cheery switch to complete the set.   Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

yes Virginia there is a Santa Clause!!!!  Thank you is not enough I know. I'll have to think of soemthing.. Thanks again though!!!!!

Sorry Didn;t know how to give you a karma.. Have to work on that..
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! applause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clap Did I say SUCCESSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes

My deepest thanks to Bunker and especially to Buzz with my non working 5500. After a rough day at work I got home late last night (actually later then i wanted ) to find a box on the counter from Buzz.  The care package had arrived. Even though I was tired, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go out to the mancave and work on the machine. Actually it probably helped. I replaced the compairitor and the optics and left my wiring intact (for now) started up the machine, closed the door (play by play for sensationalism bust gut laughing ) grabbed some quarters and dropped them in. The machine registered the quarters and worked perfectly.   applause       I even tried a few Canadian quarters and the compairitor did not register them and let them pass thru to the tray. dropped in an American right after and it registered.  applause  being inquisitive and wanting to know exactly which part was failing, I one by one replaced  the compairitor with the 2 I had. Both did not work, so both of them were the problem. I put the old optic in and replaced the new compairitor I got from Buzz and nothing would register, the coins just went to the hopper.  So the optic was bad also. A combination of problems that I would have spent (and did spend ) hours trying to fix on my own.

I cannot thank Bunker and Buzz enough for all the help.   Hail  The Warden thanks you too!!!! Now if I could just get her to drop her own money in instead of mine Scratch Head  rotflmao

The next thing to do with this machine will be to replace/upgrade the DBV to a 200 which from my research should be pretty straightforward.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

Congratulations     Dancing Party

K+ to Bunker and Buzz for helping you get it up and running.  Clap Clap

Has Buzz hit you up for a site donation yet? arrow You can always just beat him to it. wave  Don't forget to put your member name in the Paypal comment box so that Joey knows who is making the donation.

Tell the warden to enjoy the machine and ask her to let you out for a while for good behavior. boss bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »

Congratulations     Dancing Party

K+ to Bunker and Buzz for helping you get it up and running.  Clap Clap

Has Buzz hit you up for a site donation yet? arrow You can always just beat him to it. wave  Don't forget to put your member name in the Paypal comment box so that Joey knows who is making the donation.

Tell the warden to enjoy the machine and ask her to let you out for a while for good behavior. boss bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Stat garfield

Yup when i asked to pay for teh items, Buzz told me to donate to the site and after all the help they have given me I would have anyway. So I will be taking care of that shortly.  Besides Smiley  I'll be picking up a gamemaker bartop pretty soon and will need help changing out some games Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »

I'm so happy you got it working! Great job!! The Wave
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »

Hey Bunker:

Well I cannot take any of the credit for it. But extreme thanks to you and Buzz for all your diligence in trouble shooting and Buzz for sending the parts applause Clap applause  I finished polishing it up last night, now just have to upgrade the DBV and it will be all set. I can start my next tinker project, my Universal Poker machine. See if it can be resurected or if it is finally gome for good. I do have a Gamemaker bartop i am picking up next month so am sure I'll have a few questions about that and upgrading the games in it etc..

Again MANY THANKS to you and Buzz. And I'll be taking Buzz's suggestions and become a contributing member when i get paid Wednesday  Hail
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.