Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  fortune coin poker machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fortune coin poker machine  (Read 5860 times)
billzel
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: August 03, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »

can anyone identify this machine steer me to some help with repair. plate says "fortune coin co." serial #2753, no model # or date of manufacture. any help will be appreciated   bill

* PICT0506.JPG (171.15 KB, 720x480 - viewed 303 times.)

* PICT0505.JPG (174.54 KB, 720x480 - viewed 284 times.)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »

Say you live around the south Texas area ?
This machine looks like the one I tried to buy in San Antonio last week.
It sold before I could get to it.

One step at a time.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

Based on the glass it looks like an IGT Fortune I or Fortune II machine.  I wonder if Fortune Coin Co. was another small company that IGT bought out in their early days.

Here's a link to the Fortune I section of the forum: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=48.0

...and the Fortune II section: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=49.0

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »

It looks like a fortune I. The fortune I's have just one board above the monitor and a fortuneII has 2 boards. A picture of the inside would tell us. The fortuneI machines have matching ID plates on them, one is on the outside on the right side of the cabinet and the other is inside on the floor of the machine next to or under the hopper.

Belbtech

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:58:28 AM »

Your game looks like a Fortune 1 to me, does it carry credits or pay directly from the hopper?

If you're looking for general repair information &/or schematics you can try;
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=255.0

God bless,
Mike><>

For God so loved the world...John 3:16!
billzel
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »

thanks to knaql, cvslots, and belbtech for their replies. i am now sure it is a fortune I machine and have ordered a manual for it. thanks again  bill
FCC76
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »

I worked for Fortune Coin Co. until "78 and I think it was about that time they were sold to A1-Supply (which I believe eventually became IGT).  The model in the picture looks similar to the units I worked on but I don't recognize the glass (it's been a long time).  Since the label says "Fortune Coin Co." I would think that it was built around that time.  The units started out with a logic box in the top consisting of 3 boards and a mother board.  I think that later, the logic was all placed on a single board but I'm a little fuzzy there.  The CRT's were originally stripped from Sony Trinitron TV's and the tuners were junked.
billzel
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »

the monitor in this unit is an Electrohome made in 1981, the crt is a hitachi also made in 1981. thanks for the reply  bill davis
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:49:50 AM »

I worked for Fortune Coin Co. until "78

Welcome to  nlg, FCC76!  Glad to have you here, and it's neat to have someone who was involved in the creation of these older games on the site.  A friend of mine (who is also a member of the site) recently created a Fortune I emulator for the PC which is now part of MAME.  Here's a link to the thread where he talked about it -- I thought you might find that interesting.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.