Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 05:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  my s2000 lockin up.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my s2000 lockin up.....  (Read 19207 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »

okay i think i solved the problem, it was having the machine plugged in a surge protector and that surge protector plugged into another surge protector then plugged into the wall....apparently it wasnt getten enuff power im asuming that cuased power errors..... now its up and running so far...... thanks guys for all your help!!!!! but i decided im def buy a second board to have as back up just incase......
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 11:26:12 PM »

Good to hear that.  I have been watching your posts and progress throughout this thread.  Dan,  Tacman,  That is not a r-board,  Just a "daughter board for s-2000 enhanced".  R-Boards are very simular to .044 flash's.  The daughter board can also cause some silly errors as well--Been there -Seen that.  Almost sounds like an older home with only 2-prong recepticles with no ground and fluctuating line current to me.  --Just a thought.   B.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

ure absolutly right barry my home 50 years old and all outlits have 2 prong ......hopefully now it should work ..... im running it all afternoon and its working fine..... im using 1 surge protector now for both my machines and my pc.....and thats conected to a 3 prong converter to my wall socket.......
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »

Ok so after 3 pages you didn't bother even checking the battery?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »

it wasnt the battery but i am gonna change it to prevent any other flukes...... i finally get my ultimate machine ,never realized how many things can go wrong with a machine..... but from being a newbie i learned a lot about my machine ,special thanks to both jims at blueridge and better slots they were very helpfull..... applause
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »

it wasnt the battery but i am gonna change it to prevent any other flukes...... i finally get my ultimate machine ,never realized how many things can go wrong with a machine..... but from being a newbie i learned a lot about my machine ,special thanks to both jims at blueridge and better slots they were very helpfull..... applause
Staz,

I suggest getting the multimeter, pulling the MPU board out, with the power off of course, and checking the battery voltage in circuit (i.e. not removing it from the battery holder) before you just replace it.... You may create more "flukes" Duh! Duh! Duh! to deal with as you will probably lose all of your settings and will have to start fresh in setting it up. If it is what I assume it is, sometimes the setup is tricky! arrow arrow arrow In my humble opinion.... IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT! yes propeller yes

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 01:46:52 AM »

Now,
Let me see if I understand you correctly...you had a surge protector protecting a surge protector?
With sockets in your wall that do not have a proper ground connector - what protects the surge protector? 
The inside of your house better never see an certified electrical surge protector inspector... arrow
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »

i will def do that, but i did wind up taken the battery out and taken it with me to radioshack,cvs,bestbuy,local tv shop, no place carried this type in stock a cr2354 and it seemed fine when i installed it again it brought up ram error and i cleared it, only settings i lost were minimal like date time volume  thats about it......i have the machine runnin now like 7 hours straight playen it on and off and no errors or blank outs or reboots so far......i think it was def power issue..... im lucky it didnt fry anything .....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »

You'll be alright, protect them better with a good UPS that conditions the incoming power also yes
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »

Now,
Let me see if I understand you correctly...you had a surge protector protecting a surge protector?
With sockets in your wall that do not have a proper ground connector - what protects the surge protector?  
The inside of your house better never see an certified electrical surge protector inspector... arrow

this is my single surge protector and my 50 year old outlits.....

* surge protector.jpg (48.15 KB, 615x461 - viewed 249 times.)

* outlit.jpg (45.12 KB, 615x461 - viewed 245 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »

If you buy a second board you have to get the exact same version.

Yours looks to be the S2000 1270 3 to 5 reel stepper board.
The 501, 502 or 504 will not plug into your machine without you changing the motherboard as well.
The 1270 and 50x series boards use a different back plane or motherboard.

I would carefully remove the cover to the outlet, carefully remove the 2 screws holding the outlet and see if you have ground wire in there.
if you do go to hardware store and buy enough 15Amp outlets and change them.
please de-energize the outlet at the fuse or breaker panel though.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 02:02:32 AM »

i will def do that, but i did wind up taken the battery out and taken it with me to radioshack,cvs,bestbuy,local tv shop, no place carried this type in stock a cr2354 and it seemed fine when i installed it again it brought up ram error and i cleared it, only settings i lost were minimal like date time volume  thats about it......i have the machine runnin now like 7 hours straight playen it on and off and no errors or blank outs or reboots so far......i think it was def power issue..... im lucky it didnt fry anything .....

Staz,

I just got a handful of those batteries from Mouser... If you want one, PM me with your name & address details and I will drop one in the mail for you. They are usually impossible to find locally I found out! Duh! frying pan bawling hissy fit

Glad that it is working good for you now, and that you made it through the setup with no problems! Clap Clap Clap

CH CaptainHappy

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 02:06:03 AM »

Staz, swipe a battery clip off an old comp cpu and get a 3v battery from radio shack for like $3. Also, based on you picture, your surge protector isn't doing you any good because it's not grounded. Turn your plug adapter over and use the screw for the recptacle cover plate to hold it in place and ground it. Otherwise you might as well be use a plain old strip plug
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:19:29 AM by cowboygames » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 02:23:57 AM »

Can he plug it in the bottom socket and use the receptacle screw above the plug?  Scratch Head 3
Does it matter, I wonder?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 02:26:43 AM »

Staz, all things considered, don't you think that it might be a good idea to hire an electrician to bring your house up to code? I mean, how much would it cost to get the house properly grounded and everything up to spec? $10k ? Ask yourself how much you've spent on that machine (not to mention the Bally cash wheel) and what you would do if it were damaged by a power surge...  not to mention everything else you own and any machines that you buy in the future.

And pick up a DVM for $30-$50 as others have already said. It's a necessary tool for simple diagnostics when dealing with electronic equipment.

Just my 2 cents.

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 02:29:03 AM »

why do u guys think it can cuase a fire?,i been using these plugs like this for like 30 years lol.....i think its time for me to get an electrician over here...... Scratch Head
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 02:33:00 AM »

Some computer nerd told me one time the best surge protector is a UPS.. if anything comes through the lines it'll eat it for dinner
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »

Doesn't matter which one it's plugged into as long as it's screwed down. And you don't need to rewire the whole house. Back in the day they used metal boxes in the walls and flexible metal conduit inbetween them. so the whole house is grounded right up to the recepticle. Just go to Home Depot or wherever and grab a box of 3 prong receps and start replacing. It's like $5 a piece for however many you need plus about 15 minutes replacement time for each. I've done several of these
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »

ill get an electrician i noticed the downstairs of my house have 3 prongs just the bedrooms are 2 prong, how much can a electrician charge me for a couple outlits cant be much....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 02:45:08 AM »

$75 to $125 per hour. I'm not kidding. You get the 3 prong recepticles and it' a SIMPLE conversion yes And like I said, the house is already grounded to them, they just didn't finish with the right receps
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 02:47:06 AM »

You've lived there 30 years and just noticed that?
My goodness gracious!
Make sure they charge you more than $50 total for doing 2 outlets.
However, where you live - it might be more.
By the way, are you sure there's only 2 outlets that room?
You better look behind the chair.. arrow.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 02:54:51 AM »

Staz, you shove your hands in active slot machines all day, you'll be fine. And your not gonna start a fire!! Only thing you need to watch out for is tripping the circuit breaker to those outlets before you start. I do them live, but me and electricity have an understanding. Also, if you open one up and the wires going into the receps are aluminum then close it back up and call an electrician. Some dumbass back in the day thought it a good idea to pigtail aluminum leads to the copper in the wall to attach to the receps. THIS can get you a fire. I'm a firefighter, electrician and electronics nut so I have respectable knowledge on this stuff, but I know you can do it
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:29 AM »

My goodness gracious!

its my parents house i never realized these things lol... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing i def dont wanna fry my tv in my room id cry hissy fit theres only 2 outlits in my room  Scratch Head one has my machines and the other my tv set up......

ADMIN NOTE: I removed the second TV, well actually just the double posted picture. bust gut laughing How big is that monster anyway??? CAPTAINHAPPY CaptainHappy

* my tv.jpg (46.61 KB, 615x461 - viewed 224 times.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:10:28 PM by CaptainHappy » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:57 AM »

You'll be fine. Use the knowledge you have and the knowledge you've been givin' and get it done applause
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »

My goodness gracious!

its my parents house i never realized these things lol... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing i def dont wanna fry my tv in my room id cry hissy fit theres only 2 outlits in my room  Scratch Head one has my machines and the other my tv set up......

ADMIN NOTE: I removed the second TV, well actually just the double posted picture. bust gut laughing How big is that monster anyway??? CAPTAINHAPPY CaptainHappy

Just bumping for the TV size question as it was already off of the grid when I edited the post.

CH CaptainHappy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.