Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT ?????????
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT ?????????  (Read 21305 times)
straycat
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »

Just posted my intro, now it's public knowledge that I know nothing about my newly acquired IGT so some questions are in order;
What do I have? This info on side cabinet;
Model #ber B5027CI ?
Description S-S LCT
Build date 6/91
Here's what I have done so far;
plugged it into the wall, that was easy!
Lights up but no other action.
Filled coin bucket with quarters, that was spendy!
Put a quarter in the coin validator and hooked spring to back of said part as it was just floating around the bottom of the mach.
Found a blown fuse, middle one, made no diff.
Cleaned and inspected everything, no smoking gun found.
Can't pull handle unless I manualy lift solenoid.
OK, hit me with all your knowledge!
Here's some pic's of the culprit .....................................

* DSCF2356.JPG (103.78 KB, 640x480 - viewed 311 times.)

* DSCF2357.JPG (94.25 KB, 640x480 - viewed 308 times.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:00:49 PM by straycat » Logged
straycat
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

More pics.................................................

* DSCF2358.JPG (103.01 KB, 640x480 - viewed 334 times.)

* DSCF2360.JPG (107.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 328 times.)
straycat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »

And the last...............................................

* DSCF2359.JPG (105.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 329 times.)

* DSCF2350.JPG (106.5 KB, 640x480 - viewed 357 times.)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »

On the windows on right. Are there any numbers in there?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »

Hi straycat and welcome to Newlifegames. wave

As everyone mentioned in the Welcome Wagon thread, you have an early, pre-dbv model S+.

One thing I noticed is that the white seven on the first reel looks a bit out of place and you have power to the machine. So my first question is, do the reels stiffen up when you turn on the power? If so, do they execute their maiden spin when the machine self-tests on power up?

If the reels are working, my next suggestion would be to open the door and press the small white test button on the coin optics (located below the comparitor where you put your sample coin). If the optic board is working, this should put credits on the machine that you should be able to play with the door open.

Third, it looks like there might be a "0" in the coins played, but it's hard to tell in the photo. If so, that means that you probably don't have any error codes, but it also means that the door is seen as open. (You might get error codes once the door is properly closed) If you have a "0" and you completely close and latch the door, does it go away?

<ADD> Sorry Ford, I was typing while you were posting. Tongue Out

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:29:09 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 07:40:11 PM »

Check the power connector on the motherboard, that's the one that stays in the machine that the MPU board plugs into.  These power connectors fail over time and cause problems.  It's located in the vicinity of the power transformer.  See this thread for what a burnt one looks like.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9367.0

straycat
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »

On the windows on right. Are there any numbers in there? ........................   No!

Do the reels stiffen up when you turn on the power? If so, do they execute their maiden spin when the machine self-tests on power up? ......................................... No again!

If the reels are working, my next suggestion would be to open the door and press the small white test button on the coin optics (located below the comparitor where you put your sample coin). If the optic board is working, this should put credits on the machine that you should be able to play with the door open. ............ Reels not working, looked but can't find the white test button. There is a white micro button down the dide where the mother board slips into?

Third, it looks like there might be a "0" in the coins played, but it's hard to tell in the photo. If so, that means that you probably don't have any error codes, but it also means that the door is seen as open. (You might get error codes once the door is properly closed) If you have a "0" and you completely close and latch the door, does it go away? ....................... No "0" in coins played.

Check the power connector on the motherboard, that's the one that stays in the machine that the MPU board plugs into.  These power connectors fail over time and cause problems.  It's located in the vicinity of the power transformer.  See this thread for what a burnt one looks like.    Looks good in that area!

Basically it looks like I have Florecent lights only lit up, nothing else.

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »

Are the buttons lit?
straycat
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »

Are the buttons lit?
Nope!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »

If I were you I'd turn machine off then go over ALL connectors & make sure they are making connection.
Unplug & plug in again.
straycat
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 09:08:56 PM »

I am testing with door open but can see that there is an optic on the door and the cabinet, should I bypass them some how? Is there a test mode? Can I test with door open? Thanks again!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »

I'll let someone who has experience on S+ chime in.
it's been to long since I worked on one of them. I don't want to give you wrong advice.
Ford
Tilt

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »

Did the fuse you replaced blow again?  The door optics don't matter for now since your MPU board doesn't appear to be getting power.  There are self tests, but the MPU board needs to boot up to run them and yours isn't doing that at this point.  I recommend re-checking the fuse, and checking/re-seating the connectors as Ford suggested.
straycat
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »

Don't leave now Ford were just getting started!
OK, pulled and plugged back in everything that would, still just fluorescents.
I did finally find the white button on the coin verifier. Still nothing ........................
Checked fuses again, look & check good........................
Believe me the inside of this thing looks brand new, I know that means nothing though!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »

Did you check the plug on power supply. It is your 4Th pic. Lower left on pic.
straycat
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »

Missed that one Ford, just checked and all is good!
straycat
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »

This mach. has a round key lock on the outside of cabinet that I do not have a key for, so I took the 2 wires off the back of it and "joined"  them with a spaded auto fuse for a bypass. Is this acceptable for now just testing?

* DSCF2362.JPG (106.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 323 times.)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »

That is the switch for resetting the machine. You don't want to connect them. That is one that you just turn to make a quick connect on & off.
Tilt

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »

Grab a multimeter and check for the AC inputs to the motherboard.  The connector pinout and voltages you need to check are designated by the red box on the schematic.

That's the jackpot reset switch wires.  They aren't needed for now and are normally open vs closed as you have them now.  I'd put them back and if you need to use it, just remove one wire from the terminal and touch it to the other.  You can get a key for it, they're the same standard key on most machines.

* Pages from IGT S+ Schematic Diagrams.pdf (98.73 KB - downloaded 184 times.)
straycat
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »

Ford, easy fix, I will take care of that ASP. Thanks!
Tilt, have my meter in hand is this the red box you were referring to, can you walk me threw the testing of the input output? Thanks

* DSCF2363.JPG (104.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 305 times.)
straycat
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

Tilt, how stupid of me I see now that you posted a schematic and I just looked it over. Thanks a bunch will be back with more info from that!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »

Sorry pic will not upload
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:41:21 PM by coorslight115 » Logged
straycat
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »

Not working for me coors ............................................... says I am not allowed there!
No problem thanks for trying!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

120 volts ac on these two wires

* DSCF2363.JPG (84.48 KB, 640x480 - viewed 292 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »

Check the power connector on the motherboard, that's the one that stays in the machine that the MPU board plugs into.  These power connectors fail over time and cause problems.  It's located in the vicinity of the power transformer.  See this thread for what a burnt one looks like.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9367.0

Did you double check this connector? This fault would yield the symptoms you're describing. I would check and clean both the male and female connections, even if the connector doesn't look burnt.

What is the rating on the blown fuse? In other words, what part of the machine is it powering? That might help to narrow things down. (I don't own an older S-plus, so I'm not sure if the order from top to bottom matches the newer S-pluses.) I also suggest making sure that it hadn't blown again before checking voltages.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.