Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT ?????????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT ?????????  (Read 21270 times)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »

Yes please look close!

* DSCF2359.JPG (73.76 KB, 640x480 - viewed 295 times.)
straycat
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

Clean as a whisle, both male & female parts..................

* DSCF2365.JPG (107.22 KB, 640x480 - viewed 281 times.)

* DSCF2364.JPG (106.55 KB, 640x480 - viewed 290 times.)
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »

Are all the voltages present on that connector?  That is the one I put the red box around on the schematic for you to check with a multimeter.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

Check the female connector for proper voltages. If they're okay, then there is most likely something wrong with the MPU board (cheap, and easily replaced). If not, then trace the fault back to the PS.

<EDIT> Oops, Just saw your post, tilt. wave

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
straycat
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »

I have lost 20lb's running from computer in house to slot in the shop!
Tilt & Stat, it will take me awhile to get and record AC value's, try to make it happen in the morn, got chores to do. Thanks to all, Lon
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »

I have lost 20lb's running from computer in house to slot in the shop!
Tilt & Stat, it will take me awhile to get and record AC value's, try to make it happen in the morn, got chores to do. Thanks to all, Lon

Next toy should be wireless internet connection for your computer   Cry Laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but this connector does not look like it's plugged in all of the way toward the front of the machine. In any case, I would re-seat every plug.

<edit> I see that may have already been done.  

* DSCF2359.JPG (174.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 304 times.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:08:12 AM by poppo » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 02:01:19 AM »

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but this connector does not look like it's plugged in all of the way toward the front of the machine. In any case, I would re-seat every plug.

<edit> I see that may have already been done. 

Good catch, though, Poppo. It does look like it was not fully seated.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »

It 'might' have a bent pin making it feel like it is in all of the way when it's not. I've done that with MPUs  Duh!
crashed86
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »

If the reels do not stiffen up with power applied you should check the 7/8 volt ac. the power supply is ac so there is no polarity concern. the fuse is actually passing the ac common line to the MPU board. Someone here at NLG should be able to point you to a manual which should give you the info on secondary side of xformer to check voltage output of each center tap. Power supply is very basic as far as its output and where it leads.  Each xformer tap should be numbered so you then can identify the voltage that should be present at each connector compared to schematic. Since the xformer on your unit is exposed should be fairly easy to verify the voltage on the secondary side. check the white six pin molex plug  located on the outer edge of the bottom PCB board to the left of xformer for your 7/8 volt power. check for voltage between the green wire (common) and brown with blue stripe and voltage between the green common and blue wire.  If you have the voltage present at that connector power off the machine and pull the individual connectors from the plug body one at a time and bend them a bit to give them more tension against the pins they contact with. the best indicator that the MPU board has proper voltage should be the denomination light will be lit and the reels will be notably stiffer than with power off.

Good luck, and remember,  dont let the smoke out!!
straycat
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »

120 volts ac on these two wires

I do have 120 on those 2 wires......................

I am trying the test that Tilt suggested (reply 18) but must be doing it wrong. J8 is not marked 1-6 like in the schematic nor is the P8 plug so I don't know which end starts at 1 or 6. When I test the voltage at end of P8 I get bigger V numbers than the 7-8v shown on the schematic.
Tilt

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

Here's a diagram that shows the pin numbers.  Hope it helps.

* Pages from IGT S+ Schematic Diagrams.pdf (55.57 KB - downloaded 301 times.)
straycat
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

Yes that helps alot, Thanks!
OK so do I test those pin's with everything hooked up and in place?
Shouldn't those V readings be the same on the end of P8 unplugged?
Tilt

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »

Whatever way is easiest.  Yep, the end you unplugged from the motherboard is the supply to it.
straycat
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »

Tilt on the first schematic in reply 18 it shows, J8 shows volts as
pin
1  7-8 vac
4  8 vac
2  7-8 vac
3  7 vac
5 24 vac
6 24 vac
I havent checked those yet BUT it's plug in P8 has higher readings of
pin
1 107 vac
4 68 vac
2 73 vac
3 72 vac
5 16 vac
6 117 vac
Tilt

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »

Getting ready to board my flight to Houston.  Real quick, I think you may have been using the wrong reference for your measuments.

From pin 5 to 1 your should have 7VAC
From pin 5 to 6 you should have 8 VAC
From pin 4 to 2 you should have 12 VAC
From pin 4 to 3 you should have 12 VAC

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »

It appears that you are not getting any power. the easiest way to determine if you are getting power to the motherboard is to put a meter across the denomination lamp pads on the indicator board. if you are reading 7vac there then the connection from the transformer to the motherboard is good.

check the fuses with a meter, even though they don't appear blown I have seen them broken down behind the metal part.

also with that type machine, UNPLUG MACHINE OR YOU WILL GET ZAPPED,  YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE BEHIND THE FUSE PANEL, look and see if there any coins behind there. usually if there are they are shorting out the fuses. Have found many coins behind that area. people forget to unload the hopper and when they lay it down to transport GUESS where the coins go?

also the black terminal blocks in front of the SSR (red box you were measuring) actually have the 115 vac that is distributed to all areas of the machine.
The red box is a Solid State Relay, it puts 115vac to the hopper motor when the MPU boards tells it to.
P.S.  the picture of your logic board does not look normal, the right hand plug as pictured appears to go at an angle. both should be even and across from one another.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
straycat
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »

I didn't know I had to go from one pin to another pin, I was grounding my meter to chassis and red probe to each pin. When the only wiring you've done your hole life is hot rods you get tunnel vision, hard for me to switch to AC methods! Have a great flight and thanks again to all for the help. Going back in for another "have at it" with the probes this time I will try it your way! Thanks

crashed86 & Jim,  a little overwhelmed as you can see so will get back to you about your reply soon.

Poppo, you must have bionic eyes, indeed the plug was not seated all the way down, I pulled it out, inspected pin's etc. & reinstalled, unfortunately it made no diff. yet. Thanks guy's
straycat
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »

Getting ready to board my flight to Houston.  Real quick, I think you may have been using the wrong reference for your measurements.

From pin 5 to 1 your should have 7VAC
From pin 5 to 6 you should have 8 VAC
From pin 4 to 2 you should have 12 VAC
From pin 4 to 3 you should have 12 VAC

Tilt, I got those reading from the red box in the schematics you posted on reply 18, that is not the correct readings printed or maybe  the wrong schematics?

straycat
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »

Well after poking & prodding & getting a bigger hammer I now have stiff Reels so there is some progress! I have done so many little things I can't tell you at what point the Reels came to life. So now I have Fluorescents and stiff Reels, that's it, whats the next move? Thanks
poppo

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »

You may have done this already, but did you look at all of the pins on the MPU connectors too? And are you sure the MPU is seated all of the way? Sometimes you really have to push it down hard.

Any other lamps lighting now? Do you know if the lamps are good? Did you try measuring across the denomination lamp pads as Jim noted above? You should have 7vac there.
straycat
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

Hate to say it Poppo & Jim but I don't know what a logic board is and I don't have a clue what or where the denomination lamp pads are but willing to learn! Pic's and arrows and circles work best for me unfortunately ........................
poppo

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »

Hate to say it Poppo & Jim but I don't know what a logic board is and I don't have a clue what or where the denomination lamp pads are but willing to learn! Pic's and arrows and circles work best for me unfortunately ........................

The 'logic board' and MPU are the same thing. It's the big board on the tray with the knob.

The denomination lamp is the one right in the center between the LED displays that is usually 25 cents or whatever. That lamp is always on, so it's a good place to check for 7vac

Here is a picture of the back of the LED board with the denomination lamp removed. You should measure 7vac across the two points shown.

* 7vac.jpg (290.68 KB, 1668x828 - viewed 314 times.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:16:22 PM by poppo » Logged
straycat
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »

Denomination light is not on and Volts across it seems to be 1.47 .........................
straycat
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »

Jim, here is a better pic of the plug in on the logic MPU board in question, still look "not normal"?

* DSCF2366.JPG (110.93 KB, 640x480 - viewed 296 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.