Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info  (Read 371208 times)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

Members Rating: 581
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

Re: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
« Reply #520 on: May 15, 2006, 04:12:02 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a chip with 1.66 on it but didn't have a chance to try it out.  Didn't pull the watchdog jumper.  I'm not sure what the watchdog does.  Dind't find it in the manual or maybe I overlooked it.  What does watchdog do?

1 X 3 should be arriving this afternoon.

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2008, 10:25:06 PM »

cessnac182golf
Contributing Gold NLG Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2006, 05:34:13 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The watchdog is the police system for the superlink setup. I found a link on another forum that had the manual but the set-up part is coded and the usual Mikohn password (135642) will not work. Its goal is to keep people from trying to cheat at the jackpots. Load the JP info into the supreme and load it ANY different into the CON2 (the standalone units do not apply and they are truly "standalone" and will not share ANY of this info with the CON2) and it will shut down everything and sends a kind of "coma" message to everything connected. The code for this is the firmaware number..................thats why I kept getting a "4.01" message! I had thought that the CHAMII+ problems I was having might be because of the watchdog. You MUST re-boot everything after it detects any tampering. The CHAMII units, supreme, and several other Mikohn units all have this in place and a memory system that places that info into ROM...the READ ONLY INFO...every time you make a change....they just do not tell you about this. Try loading the JACK files and then erase the flash on the Supreme and then do a refresh....................and look at the ROM memory read out............there still there.... but you CAN NOT alter them. Only a full re-write by the CON2 can.   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2008, 10:25:24 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2006, 10:39:18 AM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 15, 2006, 05:34:13 AM
The watchdog is the police system for the superlink setup. I found a link on another forum that had the manual but the set-up part is coded and the usual Mikohn password (135642) will not work. Its goal is to keep people from trying to cheat at the jackpots. Load the JP info into the supreme and load it ANY different into the CON2 (the standalone units do not apply and they are truly "standalone" and will not share ANY of this info with the CON2) and it will shut down everything and sends a kind of "coma" message to everything connected. The code for this is the firmaware number..................thats why I kept getting a "4.01" message! I had thought that the CHAMII+ problems I was having might be because of the watchdog. You MUST re-boot everything after it detects any tampering. The CHAMII units, supreme, and several other Mikohn units all have this in place and a memory system that places that info into ROM...the READ ONLY INFO...every time you make a change....they just do not tell you about this. Try loading the JACK files and then erase the flash on the Supreme and then do a refresh....................and look at the ROM memory read out............there still there.... but you CAN NOT alter them. Only a full re-write by the CON2 can.   Tim

Have you pulled the jumper to see if it has any effect?  Mine is still connected but the first time I realized that it was communicating with a CHAMII is when I saw a big 4.01 on the display.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »   

UPDATE:

I just did some swapping of the firmware chips on the CHAMII+ boards I have.  I now have the 2.07 version working.  The problem is that small chip on the board labeled CSSA 1.3 in socket U10.  I installed the 2.07 chip in a board with CSSA 1.2 and it works just fine.  If I use any version of the firmware on a board with a CSSA 1.3 chip on it, it won't work with the CON2.  Even version 1.53 which worked just fine with CSSA 1.2, installed on a board with the CSSA 1.3 chip on it, won't work with the CON2.  I'm not certain what this CSSA chip is but if there is a 1.4 version of it out there it may work with the CON2.

Now to figure out what that chip is and if it can be programmed to version 1.2.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »

Cactusjack
NLG Document and FAQ Writer

Members Rating: 311
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »   

Its an Configuration EPROM (EEPROM as I recall).  I have the chip number at home (no need for you to peel your little label back).  I have both 1.1 and 1.2 archived.  And it can be programmed.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2008, 10:26:35 PM »

cessnac182golf

Members Rating: 28
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

My 8 Month Old Grandson's First Flight

« Reply #525 on: May 15, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »   

Hey......your cat and Jays really mean business!   
Jeff......If you pull the jumper....do it wile the power is on and then Re-boot.......You still get the 4.01 messages (different programming on each unit...they MUST match..period!) but it tolerates changes with the jumper removed.
Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »

Cactusjack

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2006, 09:34:43 AM »   

Yup! I got tired of waiting for Jay's Avitar to pull the trigger.  Seems that cats been sitting there for Weeks lining up that shot. I can be rather inpatient at times....... So, Fire away!

Well, I have the data sheet but didn't mark how big the original chip was.  The Configuration EEPROM is availabe from 64K to 4 Meg X 1 bit.

It's an AT17LV65 to AT17LV040.

So it is an EEPROM and the original chips can be re-programmed with the other files.

Idesign:  Do you have a 1.1 on a CHAMII (non plus) to try on the Plus to see if it too will work with your CON2 firmware?

CJ

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2006, 10:51:58 AM »   

CJ,

I have several boards so I'll check when I get home tonight, but as I recall the letters on the chip were not CSSA, they were something else.

I'll report back in a few hours.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »

Cactusjack

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2006, 11:35:48 AM »   

Your right!  The two CHAMII boards I have here are NMLG V1.2 and OVLG V1 1.  So just more info to muddy the waters.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2008, 10:28:08 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on May 16, 2006, 11:35:48 AM
Your right!  The two CHAMII boards I have here are NMLG V1.2 and OVLG V1 1.  So just more info to muddy the waters.

CJ

Yes, I have 3 boards with NMLG V1.2 & 1.3, a 2 boards with OVLG V1.4. The NMLG work with a 12cell display.  The OVLG are supposed with 1 X 3 and 1 X 2 displays.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2008, 10:28:46 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2006, 08:18:59 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 22, 2006, 05:47:04 AM
OK..up early....................Lets get started..............do not touch the CON2 yet.....and NO downloader yet!!!......the supreme must be configured first or you will get conflicting info and an error message. 1st....You need to hook up the Supreme to the dual power supply's, 5V and 12V.........it's well marked.
Plug in a 5V source (does not have to be your big one that came with the supreme yet)..............the smaller units will work for 60 + min of testing before getting hot if you only take one voltage from them at a time. I have been using one of the P/S that Joey has sent me with the CHAMII+ units. Take only 5V from it (not the 12!) and it can handle it! One for the board, and then one to the supreme using 12 and 5V. The CON2 power we will discuss later. Plug in the display to the port closest to to the set buttons.
2. Power up the meter and supreme and make note of the panels wide and panels long settings...IMPORTANT...because no matter what size meter you use your supreme will make all your information fit these dim. and only a Mikohn rep with a windows hyper program can change this. Then slide the test switch over.............this works exactly like the CHAMII units except there are a lot more options. Scroll through the DISPLAY, ADDRESS and System.
System: Do a RUN Birth by setting it on and then slide the switch over..............this will clear the previous owners settings and free up some memory space.
After start up go back to system. Scroll to RUN TEST=DISPLAY...slide switch over and make note of any LED's that do not seem to work like they should. I had to pull all 3 boards and clean (I used elect contact cleaner for TV sets) the connectors were the boards connect to the LED boards to make my unit work good. Also any of the MOSFET transistors sticking out of the back..........if they touch each other they will mess up your display. BE SURE to use static prevention before you do this.
Then scroll back to RUN TEST =OFF after noting what your DOWN BAUD= is. If it is not at 9600 scroll to this and set it.
Go to Address..................Note the GRADR.............or better yet for now just set 255
IDADR set to 64
Go to DISPLAY....set the JP Group to =ALL.........JP type +NORMAL..........Panel= GRAPHICS....Not Overhead!
Again note the panels wide and tall
MFILE to JPOT.DO...............and you will get an error message later on saying that there is nothing in MESS.DO
OD speed= 10 (default)
SAVE TO.................for now lets use FLASH DRIVE
Then slide the switch back.   What do you see?

OK.....on to the DOWNLOADER I will walk you through this on the phone later on also
1st.............did you put it were it wanted to go...C:/
If not re-load it and let it go there...............will save you hours of adding file extensions!
Hook up the computer and then start the downloader......did it read the supreme? It should say SUPREME in red on the RH side. If it says (in green) Mark I or AGL UN plug the computer port, close downloader and start again until it says supreme.
Go to INTERUPT and hit the ERASE FLASH and let the board clean itself. It will default to a 1X1 with a Mikohn message.
Did this work?......................don't worry...it's going to use only half of your display
Back to the downloader  Pull up the PDF file maker. Leave it at Graphics and set the panels to WHAT YOUR SUPREME is set to!
Hit Next.......Leave it at one window for now until you learn more ......Hit Next ....Using the RIGHT mouse button drag down and to the right to fill the space and get an OK in the coordinates ....Hit SET WINDOW and then NEXT
Set your JP group.....lets use JPOT for now and set your font. 16's only! I would scroll up to DECO16 (the top one) and leave the MFILE at 4 for now ...Hit NEXT....Hit Save as........pick a name you will remember... like 777..Hit Next....Hit Commit to disc...and then exit.
Open the BACKGROUND.BAT maker...In the window next to PRGSV type in your file name with no extensions...just 777.  Hit Accept.  Hit SAVE and then exit.
Back to the downloader....hit CLEAR then find the 777 file you just wrote and single click on it. Scroll down or up to the backgrnd.bat and single click on it also. This file will always be overwritten with the utilities!  Hit Send.........      ..........1st....an error message saying NOTHING IN MESS.DO....then...You should have a centered 0.00 in dazzle in the deco font!
Try this and then when you feel that you have it down pat I will start you on the COOLer stuff!   Later   Tim

OK Jeff...It's your turn!  And all you need is 5V to the board.
The above procedure is the way to start..... The programming of the Jackpot and Jack files must be through the CON2 with the supreme set to SAVE IN RAM.
The graphic and display properties must go through the supreme only with a 1 to 5 pin ground cable.
MAKE SURE that your downloader is loaded into C:/   (were it wants to go as default!)      IT MUST be there or it will drive you nuts looking for and adding file extensions. Then paste any graphic stuff you want to use in the same location...C:/
Start the downloader with the supreme connected. On the left you will see ALL compatable files on your computer....just be carefull to pick ONLY the mikohn stuff. On the right there will be everything that your supreme has in RAM (flash) and ROM. Note: Any time you add or change files in C:/....refresh the downloader or it will not see the changes!
To run the supreme you need a background.bat file, a PDF size and window file, and any graphics that you need...AKA  .MIK files.  The PDF writer sets the window sizes, jackpot groups, font types and sizes. The background.bat maker tells the supreme what to do. I typically run several graphic files mixed with jackpot files. I write the PDF's first. Now (read above) remember that even though you are using a 1 X 3....you MUST tell the PDF that you are using a 4 tall and 3 wide display...which is what your supreme is set for....PERIOD!!!!.
Lets make a single window using JPOT.DO in DECO 16 font.
Open the PDF maker utility
Leave it as graphics!
Enter 4 high 3 long
Hit next
Select 1 window
Hit next
Using your right mouse button drag it to fill the space (180 X 64) with an "OK" listed
Hit set window and then next
Change the MFILE to JPOT.DO and the font (up) to DECO 16
Hit next
Hit save as and write something easy to remember....I just put  a "1"
Hit save
Hit next
Hit commit to disc
Then hit exit.
It is done!

Then open the background maker
It starts as the jackpot maker
In the filename list your new PDF without extensions......"1"
Click on the time box
Enter 30 (that will play 30 seconds)
Hit accept
Hit clear
Click on the animator box...note it changed to PLAY
Enter any graphic file that you have loaded into C:/ off the disc I sent you....Lets use Betty boop in a 1 X 3  AKA: BETTY13
Enter (no file extensions) BETTY13
Hit the time box.....now this is how many times it will play in a row...so lets watch it twice...enter "2"
Hit accept
Hit SAVE
Hit EXIT

OK.......back to the main downloader. If you do not have  BETTY13 in the C:/ (you will not see it listed on the left as Betty13.mik) load it there then hit refresh.
Hit clear
On the left (blue) side
Find PDF1 and click on it
Find Background.bat and click on it
Find BETTY13.mik and click on it
Note how many bites it shows....look on the right...do you have enough room left?
If so just hit SEND.............now this will take a wile and the 1 X 3 will show "LOADING"
When it finishes you should have a 30 second $00.0 and a C1 followed by Betty boop doing her thing twice, then back to the jackpot file. If you have a 2 min message listed it will show until it gets a coin in (if you have no message programmed you will get a NOTHING in MESS.DO error first.......so UN plug the cord and the CON2 will fix the jackpot amount to what you have prev. set and you loose the C1 message and get the jackpot amount or the 2 min message.
Close the downloader
Open the PSP2 that I sent you
Plug in the Cord to the CON2
USE the OLD......NOT the CON2!!!
Enter a jackpot amount (remember we have this set to JPOT.DO....which is JP0)
The supreme should pick it up right away
Have fun!
Remember that the biggest font you can use is 16
Goodnight!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2006, 06:10:28 AM »   

Tim, what port on the Supreme is the cable from the computer connected to?  J8, with pins 1 and 5 jumpered?

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #387 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »

Cactusjack

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2006, 09:09:46 AM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on May 16, 2006, 09:34:43 AM
Yup! I got tired of waiting for Jay's Avitar to pull the trigger.  Seems that cats been sitting there for Weeks lining up that shot. I can be rather inpatient at times....... So, Fire away!

Well, I have the data sheet but didn't mark how big the original chip was.  The Configuration EEPROM is availabe from 64K to 4 Meg X 1 bit.

So it is an EEPROM and the original chips can be re-programmed with the other files.

Idesign:  Do you have a 1.1 on a CHAMII (non plus) to try on the Plus to see if it too will work with your CON2 firmware?

CJ

The original part on my CHAMII+ board is an ATMEL  AT17C65.  The LV is the low voltage replacement for the C part.

CJ

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on May 17, 2006, 09:09:46 AM
Quote from: Cactusjack on May 16, 2006, 09:34:43 AM

CJ

The original part on my CHAMII+ board is an ATMEL  AT17C65.  The LV is the low voltage replacement for the C part.

CJ

I peeled off another label and mine is a AT17C65 also.  So,since it's an EEPROM, I should be able to erase the 1.3 version and reprogram it with the code from 1.2.  I'll copy the code from the 1.3 and save it to disk just in case.  Sure would like to know if there is a 1.4 out there.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2006, 04:45:19 PM »   

Quote from: idesign on May 17, 2006, 06:10:28 AM
Tim, what port on the Supreme is the cable from the computer connected to?  J8, with pins 1 and 5 jumpered?
The serial port J8   

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #390 on: September 17, 2008, 10:30:48 PM »

cessnac182golf

Members Rating: 28
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

My 8 Month Old Grandson's First Flight

« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2006, 05:01:12 PM »   

Quote from: idesign on May 16, 2006, 03:18:32 PM

CJ

Yes, I have 3 boards with NMLG V1.2 & 1.3, a 2 boards with OVLG V1.4. The NMLG work with a 12cell display.  The OVLG are supposed with 1 X 3 and 1 X 2 displays.

OK.....IM lost....were are you reading the NMLG and OVLG?  Thanks!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #391 on: September 17, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »   

OK Tim, your instructions are perfect.  Got it working.  I was having problems with the CDs you sent.  One CD was a coaster and the other has some corrupt files on it but finally got BETTY13 working.  When you get a chance I could use a good copy of the CD.  Thanks.

Jeff

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #392 on: September 17, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »

Cactusjack

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #537 on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:58 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 17, 2006, 05:01:12 PM

CJ

OK.....IM lost....were are you reading the NMLG and OVLG?  Thanks!   Tim

We are discussing the little 8 pin chip next to the big chip in the middle of the board.  I believe it is U10 but on the CHAMII it is U9.  There may or may not be a paper label with the numbers discussed above.  Idesign found that the newer version 1.3, does not allow the CHAMII+ to understand the data coming from the CON2.  The 1.2 version works no mater what Large EPROM firmware you are using (1.53, 2.0X etc).

As to the 1Xwhatever software mentioned above, April ended up with some CHAMII that had "Sign" software on them instead of In machine display (12 cell) software.  However, when Idesign fired one up with his sign panel, the text was backwards just like you had when you were tring to us the CHAMII+ for a Sign Driver.

CJ

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #393 on: September 17, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #538 on: May 18, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on May 18, 2006, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 17, 2006, 05:01:12 PM

CJ

OK.....I'M lost....were are you reading the NMLG and OVLG?  Thanks!   Tim

We are discussing the little 8 pin chip next to the big chip in the middle of the board.  I believe it is U10 but on the CHAMII it is U9.  There may or may not be a paper label with the numbers discussed above.  Idesign found that the newer version 1.3, does not allow the CHAMII+ to understand the data coming from the CON2.  The 1.2 version works no mater what Large EPROM firmware you are using (1.53, 2.0X etc).

As to the 1Xwhatever software mentioned above, April ended up with some CHAMII that had "Sign" software on them instead of In machine display (12 cell) software.  However, when Idesign fired one up with his sign panel, the text was backwards just like you had when you were tring to us the CHAMII+ for a Sign Driver.

CJ
Thanks! Now to see how many 1.3's I have....................the ones that Joey sent me are split, one 1.2 and one 1.3. Let me know if you figure out if you can burn these...........and I will buy some!

Jeff..............I will try again this weekend with a new batch of CD's ......as my burner seems to   lately.
Now that you have mastered the 1 window.....try making several different ones, a 2 window with different fonts etc. Remember that you use all the 4 X 3 space that the Supreme is set to. There is another way to get a complete set....just open any of the 1 X 3 setups.....if you can read that    CD....and paste the entire set in C:/....the PDF's, the background.bat, the fonts, and graphic files. Note the names and say yes to the overwriting when you paste. Then open or refresh the downloader........do a flash clear!!! (the fonts take A LOT OF ROOM!) and then hit refresh and then clear and then find ALL the files that you just pasted and click on them once and then hit load. These were written for the casinos and some of them have some really cool setups and multiple jackpot fonts and sizes and some really cool graphics. One that is great is the Mystery...it is under NJ storybooks.... and has 1 x 3 and bigger set ups and includes no less than 10 active graphic pages along with the mystery prize racing across the meter and a final jackpot fireworks display!

One thing to remember is the background.bat file always overwrites itself were the PDF's must be erased is you need the room. Also there are lots of different 2,3 and 4 complete graphic sets that go together....and the all seem to have the same name.....show1, show2 etc...but they are all different. Try American bandstand....the large one (there is a heavy and a light one).... but plan on a nap wile it is loading as it seems to take forever to load and it uses 90% of the disc space. Quartermania is a really cool one that has it's own fonts also.
Well......off to the woodshop!    Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #394 on: September 17, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #539 on: May 18, 2006, 04:09:43 PM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on May 18, 2006, 12:08:58 PM

CJ

CJ, I just figured out how to use the  1 X 2, 1 X 3 and 2 X 3 CHAMII boards.  You daisy chain the  1 X 12 LED displays together and you get a poor man's overhead display.  So if you use the 1 X 3 CHAMII, you hook 3 of the 1 X 12 LED displays together and the message will scroll across all 3 displays just like in a real 1 X 3 with a Supreme.  If you have 6 of the 1 X 12 displays using the 2 X 3 CHAMII you could make a huge 1 X 3 overhead display like Tim and I have by stacking 2 rows of 3 displays.  All it takes is one CHAMII with the appropriate firmware and EEPROM,  plus of course enough power supplies to drive as many LED displays as you want to use.  You still need a CON2 to drive them though.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #395 on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2006, 04:14:09 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 18, 2006, 03:37:28 PM

Thanks! Now to see how many 1.3's I have....................the ones that Joey sent me are split, one 1.2 and one 1.3. Let me know if you figure out if you can burn these...........and I will buy some!

Jeff..............I will try again this weekend with a new batch of CD's ......as my burner seems to   lately.
Now that you have mastered the 1 window.....try making several different ones, a 2 window with different fonts etc. Remember that you use all the 4 X 3 space that the Supreme is set to. There is another way to get a complete set....just open any of the 1 X 3 setups.....if you can read that    CD....and paste the entire set in C:/....the PDF's, the background.bat, the fonts, and graphic files. Note the names and say yes to the overwriting when you paste. Then open or refresh the downloader........do a flash clear!!! (the fonts take A LOT OF ROOM!) and then hit refresh and then clear and then find ALL the files that you just pasted and click on them once and then hit load. These were written for the casinos and some of them have some really cool setups and multiple jackpot fonts and sizes and some really cool graphics. One that is great is the Mystery...it is under NJ storybooks.... and has 1 x 3 and bigger set ups and includes no less than 10 active graphic pages along with the mystery prize racing across the meter and a final jackpot fireworks display!

One thing to remember is the background.bat file always overwrites itself were the PDF's must be erased is you need the room. Also there are lots of different 2,3 and 4 complete graphic sets that go together....and the all seem to have the same name.....show1, show2 etc...but they are all different. Try American bandstand....the large one (there is a heavy and a light one).... but plan on a nap wile it is loading as it seems to take forever to load and it uses 90% of the disc space. Quartermania is a really cool one that has it's own fonts also.
Well......off to the woodshop!    Tim

Tim, if your burner supports that chip you can erase the 1.3 with your burner (if it has an erase function) and burn the 1.2 onto it.

Thanks for the tips......I'll give them a try.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #396 on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:52 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2006, 03:34:35 AM »   

Tim, have you tried using a CHAMII+ with EEPROM CSSA 1.2 to see if it works with your CON2?  You need to confirm that it works properly with your CON2 before going any further.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #397 on: September 17, 2008, 10:34:15 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #543 on: May 19, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »   

Have not had the time to try it yet.........have had a full slate this week....planing on trying it sometime this weekend.
Need to take a look in all 6 machines to see what chip they have. I was using the Tidal Wave as the test unit so I can pretty well bet that it has the 1.3 chip. Well............more work to do..........and it is get er done or no plane time this weekend!     Later............Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »   

I just took a CSSA 1.3 chip, erased it with my burner, and reprogrammed it with the code from a CSSA 1.2 chip.  Inserted it into a CHAMII+ board with 2.07 firmware and it works fine with the CON2.  I now have the Supreme with the 1 X 3,  and 2 CHAMII+ boards driving LED dispays all hooked up to the CON2.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »   

Are you using a CHAMII or a CHAMII+ and what settings are you using? I tried using the 1.3....... nothing.....and some 1.1's.............as that is all I have that has not been installed in a machine and they did nothing as well. I will check to see if I have any installed units with a 1.2 sometime tonight. I may be setting the CHAMII+ units wrong.
Thanks!   Tim

PS: Hey...when we gonna see a picture of that big bad meter?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.