Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  IGT S+ AND S2000 Reel Strip Number Project
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ AND S2000 Reel Strip Number Project  (Read 58103 times)
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 02:55:50 AM »

Triple Bonanza  84859000 all three reels

2 coins

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »

Dancing Party    Okay guys, here is the first version of our list.    Dancing Party

I would like to thank all of the members who helped out by sending me and/or posting lists of strip information, and in particular Goldfinger and Bunker for their help getting some things straight last month.  Clap Clap Clap applause applause applause

I would also like to apologize for the extremely tardy delivery of this all too short list. Hail Spank

At the end of the day, I had about 45% duplication, so the final list size dropped by almost half. The good news was that having more than one source for the same data helped to weed out some of the errors and confirm the accuracy of some records.

Unfortunately, there are still a lost of issues, even with the limited list that I have here. I noted issues by marking the problems in either red or blue, depending on the nature of the problem, and documented the issues in the Notes column at the far right. I decided to remove the column that listed the contributing members because I used that only to keep things straight and to try to get answers to my questions when possible.

At this point, I would ask everyone to look at the problems in blue and red text, and see if they can figure out the right answers. I think that it would be better if members posted their solutions here in the thread, using the RecID and sheet name (S-Plus, S2000, or Vision) to refer to the record that they are commenting on, rather than having everyone start making ad hoc corrections to the file, as that would result in way too many versions of the spreadsheet floating around.

The entire reason for starting this project was to have a 100% accurate list, and to do so by asking members to contribute only information about strips that they actually owned and for which they knew the installation order. We're going for quality over quantity.

Most of the issues that came up were the result of members sending lists of strips that they were less than certain about. Still, I am grateful to them, because without their contributions this list would have been much shorter.

I was going to start adding in the actual symbol order, but realized that it was already hard enough getting accurate information about the strip numbers, so for now, that part of the project is on the back burner. I created Macros in the spreadsheet to split specific records with multiple strips so that there could be a separate line for each strip number for the symbol details, but they don't need to be activated to read the information that's there now.

I want to thank Ken of OhioGaming for providing me with the idea of creating split-line records to list the symbols for games with more than one strip, even though it's not yet implemented. applause applause

And finally, once again, I apologize for the long delay in getting this organized.

StatFreak garfield

* IGT S-Plus & S2000 Reel Strip Numbers.2010-06-29.zip (26.91 KB - downloaded 310 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »

I want to say....let's give Stat a big hand for the work
he's done for getting this strip list together!!!! Clap Clap Clap Hail
Great job Stat! yes  The Wave
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »

A big........

K+

Since I can only give one!

Great work Stat, Thanks!   applause applause
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »

I want to say....let's give Stat a big hand for the work
he's done for getting this strip list together!!!! Clap Clap Clap Hail
Great job Stat! yes  The Wave
A big........

K+

Since I can only give one!

Great work Stat, Thanks!   applause applause

Someone will have to give him the K+'s for me as I already donated today and I can't donate for a while! Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

GOOD JOB, and I did not even open the file yet!!! Clap applause Clap

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

K+ from me.... thanks

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
RayV

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »

Here is a kit that I have that I did not see listed in your file -

Double Mania 3CM 85874500 for all 3 strips
RayV

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »

I also have a 3CM Double Diamond Deluxe clone called Shakin Shark
Strips are - 495 S1 049, 495 S1 049, 495 S2 049

* P1010055.JPG (276.94 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 393 times.)
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »

Fantastic job SF!  Clap  That took some time to prepare! K+

I spent a little more time on your list to double check my strips and have attached my review.
If you have any questions, let me know and I can confuse you more. rotflmao

Ron (r273)

<edit> The Double Diamond Haywire strips are Black not gray. Also I called it Double Diamond
          Haywire, should have been Triple Diamond Haywire. (another senior moment)

* Reel Strip Corrections.doc (26.5 KB - downloaded 190 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:14:48 PM by r273 » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:30 AM »

Thanks Ron. K+ applause

You indicated that a couple of S-Plus strips are backlit, but the S-plus never supported back lighting. Scratch Head 2

I think that they used gray backgrounds on some S-Plus strips that looks like the backlit strips of the S2000, but wern't meant to be backlit. Scratch Head
Can one of our S-Plus experts post and let us know about these?

Thanks,

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:14:59 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2010, 05:47:51 AM »

I do not know if the S+ supported backlit or not but the Gray backed ones do work in the S2000.
They do allow light to show in the white areas of the strips
For Example I use the gray backed Wild Cherry in my S2000

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »

I do not know if the S+ supported backlit or not but the Gray backed ones do work in the S2000.
They do allow light to show in the white areas of the strips
For Example I use the gray backed Wild Cherry in my S2000

I have both, gray and black backed for Wild Cherry.

I wonder if IGT made the gray backed to play S+ games on the Visions, prior to S-2000?

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »

That's a good point r273.
Did the Vision platform come out before the s2000's?
Is that when the first lighted reels came out?
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2010, 11:35:55 AM »

That's a good point r273.
Did the Vision platform come out before the s2000's?  Yes
Is that when the first lighted reels came out?   That's what I am thinking.

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »

I was wondering why some of my strips were "grey-backed".
You may have the answer... Scratch Head 3
I'm leaning now towards your point that the grey backed strips were intended for the Vision platform.
It makes sense.
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »

The first vision games were not backlit, that would include games like Wild Cherry Pie.  The software didn't support backlighting then.  Only the newer games, after the S2000 (not the Vision Ready models) was released did the backlighting become available.  They weren't even wired for backlighting, that's why when we added backlighting we had to find a place to tap off from to get the power to drive the controller.
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

The first vision games were not backlit, that would include games like Wild Cherry Pie.  The software didn't support backlighting then.  Only the newer games, after the S2000 (not the Vision Ready models) was released did the backlighting become available.  They weren't even wired for backlighting, that's why when we added backlighting we had to find a place to tap off from to get the power to drive the controller.

Thanks for jogging my memory, as you showed me how to do the tapping.

Still wondering about the gray and black backing.

Ron (r273)
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »

As I recall didn't the original S+ RWB strips have grey backing too?  There were several different games that for some reason had the grey translucent backing.  Also, I noticed in an IGT parts list that strips were being produced as backlit and non-backlit.  Backlighting was an extra cost option until it became a standard.
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »

As I recall didn't the original S+ RWB strips have grey backing too?  There were several different games that for some reason had the grey translucent backing.  Also, I noticed in an IGT parts list that strips were being produced as backlit and non-backlit.  Backlighting was an extra cost option until it became a standard.

Yep RW&B, Play Ball and Wild Cherry are a few I have with gray backing.

Ron (r273)
StatFreak

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

As I recall didn't the original S+ RWB strips have grey backing too?  There were several different games that for some reason had the grey translucent backing.  Also, I noticed in an IGT parts list that strips were being produced as backlit and non-backlit.  Backlighting was an extra cost option until it became a standard.

Yep RW&B, Play Ball and Wild Cherry are a few I have with gray backing.

Ron (r273)

My RWB strips are the same, and I have one or two others that are like that, but they don't seem to have been deliberately made to support backlighting.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

From my workbench, I see 9 different strip spools with the grey backing...
I never noticed that before. Hmm...
StatFreak

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2010, 06:31:43 AM »

Okay, here is another copy of the list with R273's corrections added. I was going to wait until I received a few more corrections, but no more have come in yet, so it is.

I recommend getting this copy, even if you downloaded Ron's corrections, because his corrections needed correcting Crazy , and we went over it on the phone.

K+ to Ron for taking the time to help out. Hail Hail applause applause

Remember, everything in blue is suspect and needs verification. Everything in red, I believe to be an error and needs verification.

StatFreak garfield

* IGT S-Plus & S2000 Reel Strip Numbers.2010-07-01.zip (26.67 KB - downloaded 280 times.)

StatFreak

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 04:51:49 AM »

Since the subject of reel strip numbers has come up several times lately, I thought I'd post here and reactivate this thread.

I've also renamed the thread "S+ AND S2000" and moved it to the General Reel Slot board since I ended up combining everything into one file.

I'm still looking for more numbers and for help with corrections and/or confirmations for the items in blue and noted in red.

At this point, I would appreciate it if members look through the file to see if the strips are already listed before sending me messages, and I would especially appreciate getting pms from members who find that they have kits with strips which are not listed. One of the reasons that the lists are still short is that I've received a lot of duplicates of the most popular games but not enough of the more unusual or newer S2000 games. Don't forget to tell me if they're backlit or not.

What I DON'T want are old second and third hand lists of reel strip numbers. IF you have a list that you made yourself and KNOW is accurate, then that's okay. Otherwise, I'm really looking for members to send me verified strip numbers from their own working machines so that we don't end up with errors. The stuff in red mostly came from such lists.

I'd rather get accurate info for one or two kits from each member and receive help from 50 members than to get one huge secondhand list from one member. If each member pitches in just a little, we should be able to increase the size of our list significantly.

Thanks all,

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »

A great undertaking by an awessome member! yes
Good job Stat!  applause applause Hail
mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »

I have a few of the Games you have doubts about.

The 5X Pay Deluxe I have but not Installed Ill have to check if its ABA or AAB for you.

The 5 line Double Diamond I have has the Strip Numbers   858 82500   858 82600   858 88600

I have the RWB Chaos  With the 84841900  F3879  Strips   and bought it as a Kit for an S+  as told by Goldfinger
I personally dont have any Idea what the F3879 stand for

My Trip/Dble  I have 1 strip 84888500 and 2 strips 84888600   Chip SS7695 and SS7698 Listed as  BAA  Can I assume In this case
the 500 is the B strip or Is it supoosed to be the lower number is always the A strip

My wild Cherry  Has Strips 84830100 All 3  Although they may be diiffernt strips to match the Belly Glass ( guessing)

I hope some of this is useful and didnt just add to the confusion.  ArtD

* 185.JPG (1120.22 KB, 1704x2272 - viewed 288 times.)

ArtD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.