Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info  (Read 370172 times)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2008, 01:01:44 AM »

idesign
Site Administrator

Members Rating: 581
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

Re: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2006, 06:55:19 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see what you are referring to on J1.  You say you have only 10 pins vs. 40.  So with pin 1 being common, and pins 2 thru 8 being NC, you have only pins 9 and 10 to connect machines to the CON2.  Can you flip the PC board over to verify that pins 2 thru 8 have no traces to them.

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2008, 01:02:12 AM »

Joeylc
OverWorked Admin
Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Members Rating: 1406
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

NLG Shop. 928-754-4147 1-888-NLG-SLOTS

« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2006, 08:33:47 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim call me and i can tell you how to fix this .....   this is a old mikohn trick   

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2008, 01:02:32 AM »

cessnac182golf
Contributing Gold NLG Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Members Rating: 28
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

My 8 Month Old Grandson's First Flight

« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »   

Thanks everybody!.................I will try to call Joey later on..........but.......I have lost my voice! Half of my employees this week have been sick this week, coughing in my face....so I knew that I was going to get this one. So don't be surprised if I tend to sound a little squeaky!
Well.........Thats a relief!     Sounds like Joey has the cure!  I'M STILL GONA GET IT GOING! Well...sooner or later. Still a couple of more hours in my wood shop left for today, so I will give Joey a buzz and if I the fumes from the 5 gallons of lacquer that I'M spraying today don't totally blow my mind, hopefully I can put Joey's good advice to use. I usually go flying on sunday morning but with this bad cold........I must ground myself.......so that frees up time to play with the Mikohn stuff!  Well......lunch break is just about over.....Thanks again!    Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »

CaptainHappy
Site Administrator

Members Rating: 416
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »   

Guinnea Pig, ERRRRRRRRR....AAAAAAAH.......UUHH....OOPS I mean: TIM,

You better drink some OJ, take vitamins, whatever as we need you to be at full strength! You need to figure everything out, get it hooked up, and then documented with photos for each and every step so that all of the people out there (tons of em, right! Think of this task as a public service announcement.) with CON2I's can easily follow your lead!  (Like step 1 take a valium with Ozzy's favorite Vodka, take picture , step 2 go to garage and get screwdriver, photo , step 3 repeat step 1, photo , step 4 go back to garage for wire strippers, photo , step 5 repeat step 1, photo ........ Do we see a pattern forming here. It should help keep the anxiety down!) We can't have you down and in bed, enless of course it is a cot in your game room office!   

Seriously, I hope that you take it easy and nip this thing in the bud. I hope you feel better! Being sick sucks!

For those of you out there that do not know us, I am not really such a   , and Tim is probably laughing away at the inside jokes and humor! Hopefully it cheers him up! Someday they will get broadband to the poor guy with all the cool toys, and we can watch the video when he goes skeet shooting with his   MODEM

I can't wait to get a package! Worst case is that I will not be able to get to it for a long long while! Such a bad month with Taxes, and associated accounting crap!       Calgon take me away.       

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »

lemans1969
Support Staff.
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Members Rating: 40
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2006, 03:04:06 PM »   

I have these units in large progressive units, but i also have one just in a box. Can anyone tell me what it is? I have seen them hooked up with the supreme controllers on the Cham 2 meters before. April

* ebay 1582.jpg (121.77 KB, 640x480 - viewed 259 times.)

* ebay 1583.jpg (123.7 KB, 640x480 - viewed 301 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2008, 01:06:57 AM »

lemans1969
Support Staff.

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »   

Here is another mystery. I have this unit brand new in a box. Both boards are the same. One has never been opened out of the package. The other was opened to look at. The CD software is still in original packaging. The box is from Comtrol. Any ideas? 

* C.jpg (612.33 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 308 times.)

* CC.jpg (625.04 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 308 times.)

* CCC.jpg (627.45 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 300 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2008, 01:07:45 AM »

CaptainHappy
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2006, 05:28:17 PM »   

Quote from: lemans1969 on April 08, 2006, 03:04:06 PM
I have these units in large progressive units, but i also have one just in a box. Can anyone tell me what it is? I have seen them hooked up with the supreme controllers on the Cham 2 meters before. April

April,

WHat are the connections on this box? The cable looks like the type used for power. MK1 may be an abbreviation for MARK1, which is a graphics display. There are some references to MARK1 in the con2 hardware manual, but nothing really goes in to too much specifics.

Page 5 as displayed on manual pages, not adobe page 5 briefly mentions MARK1
Page 17 as displayed on manual pages, not adobe page 17 briefly mentions MARK1

ADP-S connection cable is shown in appendix G. But no clue to what ADP-S is.
ADP-S may stand for ANIMATION DISPLAY ___________ -__________ I would have to guess that this is needed with big displays and supreme contollers to do the Animation Functions, and to connect with CHAMII for progressive functions, otherwise thje big sign like I am getting may only do progressive meter and not the animation graphics that it should do with the supreme also??? Kinda makes a little sense to me since you have seen it hooked up to Big Displays and Supremes?

I am a novice, we probably need the assistance of the experts here, these are just my guesses. I am not sure what help it is other than an attempt.   

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2006, 06:58:19 PM »   

Quote from: Jay on April 08, 2006, 01:09:37 PM
If we did things up right we would all install security dome cameras with live web feeds to NLG. Then if we needed help with a setup we could just rewind the security feeds.

But who gets to turn in the tape to America's funniest videos and win the 1st prize?   We could start our own TV show.............. Progressives.................the final frontier............these are the members of the NLG.......It's on going mission.........to explore strange new displays..............to boldly go were no N-L-G member has been before....................CON TREK!     We already have the Captain.........................Joey ..Scotty, head engineer...........Ozzy...Mr Spock..................Jay...Dr McCoy...........................

Joey.......................If you are reading all this BS.............I will call you tomorrow...the voice is GONE!

Live long and prosper......................Tim   

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2008, 01:08:44 AM »

CaptainHappy
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 08, 2006, 06:58:19 PM
Quote from: Jay on April 08, 2006, 01:09:37 PM
If we did things up right we would all install security dome cameras with live web feeds to NLG. Then if we needed help with a setup we could just rewind the security feeds.

But who gets to turn in the tape to America's funniest videos and win the 1st prize?   We could start our own TV show.............. Progressives.................the final frontier............these are the members of the NLG.......It's on going mission.........to explore strange new displays..............to boldly go were no N-L-G member has been before....................CON TREK!     We already have the Captain.........................Joey ..Scotty, head engineer...........Ozzy...Mr Spock..................Jay...Dr McCoy...........................

Joey.......................If you are reading all this BS.............I will call you tomorrow...the voice is GONE!

Live long and prosper......................Tim   

Tim,

So does that mean that you would be either Sulu or Checkov?? I think both of them flew the enterpise if memory serves me correctly?? I think as far as I know you would be the only one qualified to Pilot the starship.... Though with all of the gamers we have here, some may think they can fly cause they played flight simulator!

I just got off of the phone with Joey, and he said to tell you that the problem can be solved with some soldering, part stuffing, and connector changing. I guess Mikon sold some less expensive units that were "standalone" by altering a full unit and not populating some parts. So it requires a little work and Joey's knowledge to get them converted to the full unit. He said to give him a call when your voice gets better.

Go to be early and rest up. Hope you feel better!

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2008, 01:09:28 AM »

lemans1969
Support Staff.

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »   

Quote from: captainhappy on April 08, 2006, 05:28:17 PM
Quote from: lemans1969 on April 08, 2006, 03:04:06 PM

April,

WHat are the connections on this box? The cable looks like the type used for power. MK1 may be an abbreviation for MARK1, which is a graphics display. There are some references to MARK1 in the con2 hardware manual, but nothing really goes in to too much specifics.

Page 5 as displayed on manual pages, not adobe page 5 briefly mentions MARK1
Page 17 as displayed on manual pages, not adobe page 17 briefly mentions MARK1

ADP-S connection cable is shown in appendix G. But no clue to what ADP-S is.
ADP-S may stand for ANIMATION DISPLAY ___________ -__________ I would have to guess that this is needed with big displays and supreme contollers to do the Animation Functions, and to connect with CHAMII for progressive functions, otherwise thje big sign like I am getting may only do progressive meter and not the animation graphics that it should do with the supreme also??? Kinda makes a little sense to me since you have seen it hooked up to Big Displays and Supremes?

I am a novice, we probably need the assistance of the experts here, these are just my guesses. I am not sure what help it is other than an attempt. 

There is a plug on the outside for your 9VDC power supply. Then there is a 8 pin plug on the inside of the box on the board marked J3. The top 4 pins are marked A+ A- B+ B-. There are two connectors for fiber optic cables. The only other thing I see on the board itself is converter/booster. part # 321-006-10. Here is a pic of the actual board. April

* ebay.jpg (121.47 KB, 640x480 - viewed 289 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2008, 01:10:22 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2006, 01:20:33 PM »   

Joey......Went to the Doc this morning and got a shot.................voice is comming back but I thought maybe I should first show you what they have done to this board to try to prevent someone like me from doing what we want to do before calling you. Here is a front shot were they have ground through the board leads and the extensive work done on the back. If you feel like this just might be a little too much for a novice, I would be willing to pay you to fix this, pay freight both ways and for all parts. I have 600.00 in it now so I might as well do it right. If you still think that I can do this......................well...GULP...........................................Joey  Me

* CON2I 008 Medium Web view.jpg (104.33 KB, 437x480 - viewed 342 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2008, 01:11:31 AM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »   

Front View................all I really want is to link 6 machines with maybe a 7th and 8th position just in case I decide to knock down a wall or two in the future. I don't need the 24 or 32 machine capacity. Thanks!   Tim

* CON2I 007 Medium Web view.jpg (87.89 KB, 480x359 - viewed 275 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2008, 01:12:27 AM »

CaptainHappy
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »   

Quote from: lemans1969 on April 09, 2006, 09:46:45 AM

There is a plug on the outside for your 9VDC power supply. Then there is a 8 pin plug on the inside of the box on the board marked J3. The top 4 pins are marked A+ A- B+ B-. There are two connectors for fiber optic cables. The only other thing I see on the board itself is converter/booster. part # 321-006-10. Here is a pic of the actual board. April

April,

The picture may help Joey, as it is definately his expertise that will be needed here!

Mark, Captainhappy

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2008, 01:13:38 AM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2006, 02:49:21 PM »   

Hey There..................Voice is 1/2 back so ...................Joey look out       
Another question.........................as it is right now my Con2I is a standalone with wires for only 1 machine. What would they use this for? Maybe one of those big monster size machines?  Why would they not just use a supreme?  Thanks    Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2008, 01:14:34 AM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2006, 04:02:46 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 10, 2006, 02:49:21 PM
Hey There..................Voice is 1/2 back so ...................Joey look out       
Another question.........................as it is right now my Con2I is a standalone with wires for only 1 machine. What would they use this for? Maybe one of those big monster size machines?  Why would they not just use a supreme?  Thanks    Tim

A Supreme is used for a sign only, if you use it with a machine you need a CON2 to drive the meter.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2008, 01:15:27 AM »

diecaster

Members Rating: 75
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »   

Hello,

Can I jump in and ask some stupid questions? This thread has been read close to 4,000 times and seems to be of great interest.

1) What is a progressive control?
2) Are you guys setting them up at home?
3) If it is at home, what's the driving force?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2008, 01:15:56 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »   

Quote from: idesign on April 10, 2006, 04:02:46 PM
Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 10, 2006, 02:49:21 PM

A Supreme is used for a sign only, if you use it with a machine you need a CON2 to drive the meter.
The Supreme manual has it doing all kinds of things, running in place of a CHAMII. My board has machine in and out, con2 in and out and display (can drive 4, just like a CHAMII+). 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2008, 01:16:36 AM »

Cactusjack
NLG Document and FAQ Writer

Members Rating: 311
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »   

Quote from: diecaster on April 10, 2006, 04:46:49 PM
Hello,

Can I jump in and ask some stupid questions? This thread has been read close to 4,000 times and seems to be of great interest.

Sorry for my ignorance.

1) A progressive Controller is the device which gathers the coin in information from multiple games and advances a "progressive" Jackpot count display (often refereed to as a Meter) to be either displayed on a large over head sign, on an In-Machine Display (also called a meter) or both.

2) YES they are!

3) Total Insanity, boredom, trying to out-do the Jone's, bad genes........  Just something else to do once you own a couple of Slot machines.

CJ

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:38 AM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2006, 05:16:20 PM »   

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance.

Hey......there are NO stupid questions here.................Can not learn unless you ask.   A progressive display is a jackpot that Gets bigger with every coin in............so the more it is played......the bigger the jackpot. The displays can be small digital on the glass like on my IGT's or it can be an external or internal big displays, which is what we are talking about. I have 6 IGT's in my home office (see the pictures a few pages back) and I am going to set them up in a linked (every coin in from all 6 adds to the central mega jackpot......first one who hits it takes all!) configuration.
Note Picture....progressive is on top...........gets larger with every coin in.
Tim

* Top 015 Medium Web view.jpg (71.73 KB, 480x359 - viewed 280 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:42 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »   

Quote from: Cactusjack on April 10, 2006, 05:11:20 PM
Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance.

1) A progressive Controller is the device which gathers the coin in information from multiple games and advances a "progressive" Jackpot count display (often refereed to as a Meter) to be either displayed on a large over head sign, on an In-Machine Display (also called a meter) or both.

2) YES they are!

3) Total Insanity, boredom, trying to out-do the Jone's, bad genes........  Just something else to do once you own a couple of Slot machines.

CJ
Ditto on the "total insanity"......................actually they use a driving board, in this case a Mikohn CHAMII+, that gathers coin in info and sends it to the display...AKA...a Meter.   Which is what I should have on my brain showing how many bucks I have spent on this total insanity of mine. I think the people that have sold me all this stuff actually are the jackpot winners!     Tim
PS: Now thats what I need..........a crane machine filled with "Slotness Elmo's"...to quote Jay.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2008, 01:20:09 AM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2006, 04:29:29 AM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 10, 2006, 05:02:12 PM
The Supreme manual has it doing all kinds of things, running in place of a CHAMII. My board has machine in and out, con2 in and out and display (can drive 4, just like a CHAMII+).

The Supreme is a display.  A Supreme can not function as a stand alone like a CHAMII+.  It needs a controller to fucntion as a meter.  Reread the manual

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2008, 01:20:36 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »   

Thats what I get for skipping through it.    The controller does the work. I did miss read it. The supreme in each machine is being used like a chamII. But that means that each machine has a CHAMII also? Boy.........if you did it like they have in the typical set up picture you would have as much invested in the displays as you do the machine!  Ouch! Thanks....Tim.

PS:  HELP..............I have all kinds of demo graphic files on CD that came with the supreme. How do I get them to load?  There are several PSP's also on the CD but when I use them they say that there is a communication problem, but the old PSP works fine but will only send jackpot info to the supreme.    Thanks!

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2008, 01:21:06 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »   

Quote from: captainhappy on April 10, 2006, 10:45:34 PM
Tim,

What are the measurements of your big sign? Looks good lit up! Yours must be bigger than mine?   

And to answer what you were discussing earlier, mine is supposed to be out of a "Big Bertha!" I will be in the same boat as you!   
Display is supposed to be 1x2, 30" long and 4" tall.
My board is a 1 X 3, apx 4" high without the frame and close to 4' long....1/3 longer than your big Bertha. So it seems like we both have standalone CON2's. I wonder if Joey has had a chance to look at the modification pictures. Well................I picked up one of those cold touch soldering irons.....so that puts me at 4. Might as well use them.....Gulp!...............Hey April...............got any more of these con2's just in case I fry this thing?   

Thanks!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2008, 01:21:36 AM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 11, 2006, 04:16:12 PM
Thats what I get for skipping through it.    The controller does the work. I did miss read it. The supreme in each machine is being used like a chamII. But that means that each machine has a CHAMII also? Boy.........if you did it like they have in the typical set up picture you would have as much invested in the displays as you do the machine!  Ouch! Thanks....Tim.

PS:  HELP..............I have all kinds of demo graphic files on CD that came with the supreme. How do I get them to load?  There are several PSP's also on the CD but when I use them they say that there is a communication problem, but the old PSP works fine but will only send jackpot info to the supreme.    Thanks!

Are you using the same cable that you use with a CHAMII+?  Is it jumpered from pins 1 & 5?  If so, have you tried a straight thru cable not jumpered?  Not sure if the Supreme uses the same cable as the CHAMII+.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2008, 01:23:09 AM »

cessnac182golf

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2006, 07:56:23 PM »   

Quote from: idesign on April 11, 2006, 04:47:29 PM
Quote from: cessnac182golf on April 11, 2006, 04:16:12 PM

Are you using the same cable that you use with a CHAMII+?  Is it jumpered from pins 1 & 5?  If so, have you tried a straight thru cable not jumpered?  Not sure if the Supreme uses the same cable as the CHAMII+.
The connector for the cable shows (in the supreme manual) the 1 and 5 pin to ground, so I figured that I would use the same cable. I have not tried the std cable, but I will try it. I think I just might be having a serial port problem. The "old" on the CD appears to be identical to the one I downloaded from NLG and have been using on the CHAMII+'s.. But when I use the old directly from the CD program, it has a communication problem, so it just might be a config problem. Theres a bunch of PSP's on this disk, a download, upload,.......etc. Next time I get to play with it I will write down all the names.
Oh well.....................one of these years...........Thanks!   Tim

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.